FactSet Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 1 Mar 2019

2.9

310 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Process took little over 2 weeks. I was first contacted and given an interview over skype. After that I was flown out to San Francisco where there was a super day.

Interview Questions

• If you had a friend that was hurt in the back of a car, would you speed through a red light to take him to the hospital.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Hartford, CT (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screen first and then onsite interview. Flown in, put at nice hotel, went to dinner with current consultants. Treated extremely well. There were four one on one interviews the questioning was very detailed and specific.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Two interviews. Different people in second round, tough questions and impressive people. A bit of good cop bad cop. It was a competitive process, I very much enjoyed it. Yes.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Lots of pointless excel work . They asked a lot of questions around whats going on in finance and to see what you know. It was only one day and they take you to lunch which is nice

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Standard online tests but with some brain teaser questions. Prompt invitation to a live video interview. Asked general competency questions and a lot of business specific questions. Questions were quite in depth. Make sure you know what the consultants do and what FactSet provides information about - e.g what types of clients, difference between types of investment/asset management.

Interview Questions

• What do FactSet consultants do?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2017.

Interview

apptitude test that ask about some basic IT and finance questions.
    Assessment Centre with a group of 6 candidates.
    You need to complete an "excel test", which is a 15 minute written test that ask you about some knowledge related to excel.
    A 30 minutes group work exercise. The group need to prioritize a list of work that are common duties for a consultant. A presentation is required at the end of the session to explain your choice.
    A 10 minute micro teach session. You are told to prepare this session before the interview. A guideline will be given beforehand and you need to teach the auidance something in this 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose to use this topic in your micro teach session?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Absolutely horrific. First you're asked to complete a finance test. No hard questions but computers were super slow and wouldn't work at times. The room felt like a sauna. Very little time given despite technical issues with their technology. The worst was however the really rude management/senior consultants that are there to assess the interviewees. After the finance test you're asked to perform a short interactive lecture of your choosing. My group's assessors looked like they absolutely didn't want to be there and were rude and uninspiring 100% of the time. The HR people seemed pretty nice though. I got a very bad impression of the culture and the job itself and would have turned down had I gotten an offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Same process as everyone else on here. Got to the in-person interview in SF & I had 4 interviews, 2 "good cop" 2 "bad cop" interviews with a test at the end. Was told I would hear back within 2 weeks, that was end of March. After following up, I still have not heard back to this day. So unprofessional from a large established company.

Interview Questions

• Excel test   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you helped someone   Answer Question
    • Asking you to explain specific details on resume such as group projects, what you specifically did in previous experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Mumbai) in April 2017.

Interview

Process contains 1)Aptitude Test followed by a Group Discussion and 1st Round of Interview.

Aptitude Test (Paper Pencil ) Duration : 30 min each for Finance/Numerical Ability & General Knowledge

2)Those who qualify after Aptitude Test & GD will have their first round of interviews

3)Those who clear the first round will have their second round of Interviews

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Subject? (they go deeper into the same)   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in May 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was one super day starting off with a demo and group brain teaser, followed by a series technical and behavioral interviews. Then an excel test and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about the current news in the financial markets.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.