FactSet Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

Application through online portal. Received an email to ask me to go to a test. They say it's an standard test and no calculator is needed. It's a written test on paper. There are a lot questions to answer. The test is quite standard, but the content is a bit difficult. Math questions are very simple and some of them are logic questions, need to think faster. The questions regarding finance are quite difficult and I can only answer half of the questions.

Interview Questions

• 30 minutes for a lot questions regarding math, finance, and also company knowledge.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FactSet in March 2015.

Interview

For the first round I had an on-campus interview. There was an info session the night before with everyone who had been granted an interview as well. After preparing through Glassdoor, I was ready for every question the interviewer had but I thought it went very badly since the interviewer hadn't smiled at all the entire time. Despite this, at the end of the interview, they asked me to come for a second round at their office. The second round was held with a couple of other candidates. Before the interviews, there was a short demo on the software itself. The demo didn't come into play during the interviews but only served as a kind of intro to the technology. Afterwards, we each had four 30min interviews. It was all behavioral and they even asked some overlapping questions but one session had an excel test and a brainteaser game (yes, it was a game and not just a question). They took us all out to lunch at the end. Some other reviewers stated that the interviewers didn't seem interested in what they were saying but I've noticed that it might be because FactSet employees are all incredibly calm since the company looks for people who deal well under stress and pressure.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest pet peeve? What do you like to do in your free time? Pitch a recent article you read or piece of interest you have to me. Why FactSet? Why consulting? Why shouldn't I hire you? Talk about a time when you've gotten negative feedback/criticism by your boss. What do you look for in a job posting? Here's a list of numbers 1-5000, how find the one number that is missing using excel?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FactSet in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and received an email asking to do a phone interview a short while later. The woman that I interviewed with was rather soft-spoken. Being soft-spoken myself, it was a struggle for us to really get the ball rolling regarding our conversation, and I felt that that really dragged down the atmosphere.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume through online portal, received email for phone interview about a week after. Talked to recruiter on the phone - pretty standard questions - why FactSet, are you proud of your GPA, why finance - basic questions. Was then moved on to the next round in the New York Office...Interviewed with 4 Consulting Managers that day and then went out to lunch with 2 consultants.

Overall, I thought it was a good experience but I was extremely disappointed with my final interview with one of the consulting managers. The interviewer asked me a brain teaser - How many golfballs fit in this room and I was not only caught off guard, but she failed to ask any of the other candidates the same question as well. This position is not a true consulting position like at a McKinsey or Bain, you are basically a big part of the customer support at FactSet so I am unclear why she thought that question was relevant.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I first applied through my university's career website. I received an e-mail from a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. It was a purely behavioral interview. I received an e-mail the following week or so and was asked to set-up an onsite interview. It consisted of 4 45-minute interviews and a lunch with two consultants and three other candidates. I was supposed to hear back either way 1 to 2 weeks after but still haven't heard and its been a little over 2 weeks.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Called for my final interview for FactSet a few weeks ago.
    It was based upon why I want to work for the company, and how I have experiences that would make me good at the role.

Interview Questions

• If a current client and a client who is on a trial of FactSet call you up at 5pm on a Friday, whose problem do you prioritise?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I was initially interviewed on campus and then asked if I would be willing to fly out to San Francisco for a final interview. It was a pretty grueling process, with four back to back 30 minute interviews. Each interview covered a different area and there was an Excel test that you are required to do. After the four interviews, you have to do a group interview where you problem solve with the other people being interviewed and they watch how you work together. After that you are sent to lunch with some recent hires and you get to ask them questions and see what they do/don't like about working at FactSet.

Interview Questions

• The Excel test is difficult and is very nerve racking. The interviewer watches you try to solve as many questions as you can in three minutes.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied through the career services website at my college and got a half hour first round interview. This one is pretty basic, mostly behavioral questions and stuff about your background/interests/career aspirations.

I received a call a few days later informing me that I got a second round interview in Chicago. They take you out to dinner the night before so you can ask questions to some current consultants at the company. The "super day" of interviews was definitely pretty tough. They start off by doing a quick demo of the product, then there are 4 interviews all in a row, which are about 45 minutes each. They were pretty intense- lots of questions you'll never expect but they want to make sure you are quick on your feet and don't get flustered. A lot of questions about your background, why you want to work there, what makes you better than other candidates, etc.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest sacrifice you've ever had to make? (not hard, but definitely threw me off)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

On campus interview was basic behavioral - quick around 30 minutes. Final round interview was long - 9am-3pm. It included 4 different interviews with senior consultants who asked a variety of questions. I interviewed with 2 other prospective employees and we rotated around interviewers. At the end of the 4 interviews we went out to lunch with two newly hired consultants. This was all part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name 4 things you think a consultant should have, rank their importance, explain how you exemplify each quality, rate your answers for each quality - A B C D.

They also asked several brain teaser questions - 8 equally weighted balls but one is slightly lighter, find the lighter ball with a balance scale and only two chances to change what is on the scale.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Was initially contacted for a basic phone interview after a Factset client spoke to them on myself. Phone interview consisted of a basic reuse walkthrough and information about the company/position. Was then asked to attend a final interview at their Boston office.

Interviewed alongside three other candidates. Rotated among 4 interviewers, roughly 30 minutes each. Questions ranged from basic to curveballs and brainteasers. Afterwards they put all of the candidates together in a board room and has us solve a group brainteaser on a whiteboard.

Treated to lunch with current consultants afterwards.

Was contacted via email two weeks later informing me that I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Group brainteaser involving riddles about magic potions...   Answer Question