FactSet Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Troy, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through school I was attending and had interview on campus. Night before the interview the interviewer gave a presentation on what consultants did at Factset and what Factset did. It wasn't until this presentation that I realized entry level FactSet consultants don't do anything besides telling clients how to use the software.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a first round behavioral interview on campus. I was asked back for an onsite interview in Chicago, where I went in a spent a good chunk of the day in interviews. First they had a mini seminar on how to use the software, then I interviewed with about four different people with various positions around the office. It ended with a brain teasers quiz and then we were taken out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. Several days later I was contacted to set up an online interview. Preliminary video interview. Very casual and welcoming. Asked about my history, my resume, why factset, why consulting, decision on school and major, etc.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Stamford, CT (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. They sent someone from HR to explain a little about the role. Asked basic questions on your background and some behavioral ones like describe a problem and how you dealt with it.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The first round was a 30 min Skype interview asking very general questions about myself and my work experience. The interviewer was very kind and very attentive. The interview felt like a good conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your university and why did you pick your major?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Same process as everyone else on here. Got to the in-person interview in SF & I had 4 interviews, 2 "good cop" 2 "bad cop" interviews with a test at the end. Was told I would hear back within 2 weeks, that was end of March. After following up, I still have not heard back to this day. So unprofessional from a large established company.

Interview Questions

• Excel test   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you helped someone   Answer Question
    • Asking you to explain specific details on resume such as group projects, what you specifically did in previous experience   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Was interviewed at my university by one of the recruiters. She was texting on her cell-phone during parts of the interview, and didn't offer much insight on the job itself. I did not receive a second round interview, and when I emailed her back saying thank you and asking for feedback for future interviews, she said she didn't have any.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe excel to a 5 year old? What's your dream job? What's a VLOOKUP?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview on campus with an info session the night before. Then a visit to the company offices where there was a dinner for all interviewing candidates in the evening. Then next morning, interviewed with 4 members of the team. All very positive about the company and the role. Was told they would make a decision in the next 2-3 weeks, but they called the following day to make the offer.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FactSet in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and received an email asking to do a phone interview a short while later. The woman that I interviewed with was rather soft-spoken. Being soft-spoken myself, it was a struggle for us to really get the ball rolling regarding our conversation, and I felt that that really dragged down the atmosphere.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I originally talked with a college recruiter at a career fair then received a phone call the next week for an interview. The interview consisted of four 30 minute interviews with different Consultants. One interview was about myself and why I would be a good fit for FactSet. Another interview consisted of a test with Excel. My third interview was focused on how I have reacted in certain situations. The fourth interview involved questions related to stocks, balance sheets, and FactSet itself. At the end there was a group "puzzle" with the three other candidates interviewing where we all had to work together to solve a problem.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you did something nice for someone?   Answer Question