FactSet Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 1 Mar 2019

2.9

310 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied, contacted and then a screening interview over Skype. Flew out to their office about a week or so later.

Interviewed with four members of there team, and then went out to lunch with the consultants. People were friendly and great overall vibe in the office.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Came in at 9AM and toured the office. Was given a demo of FactSet. Then it was 5 interviews with different employees of the office. As well as a quick excel test, very basic and remain calm.. Thought I did well and would've been the perfect fit, but did not get an offer. Great experience overall. Great people. All the the interviews were mostly behavioral with maybe a couple basic technical questions..

Interview Questions

• Why FactSet? What is the difference between a balance sheet and an income statement? Why customer service?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I had a phone interview that asked general questions about my education and experience. I was called back for an interview and I met separately with four account managers for 30 minute interviews. Many of the questions were based off of previous experiences. Lots of opportunity to ask your own questions. After that, two consultants took the interviewees out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with financial news? What sources do you use? What's something that happened recently in the finance world?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Hartford, CT (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screen first and then onsite interview. Flown in, put at nice hotel, went to dinner with current consultants. Treated extremely well. There were four one on one interviews the questioning was very detailed and specific.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I saw their stand at a career fair at my school, handed them my resume, and talked to them for about 15 min. They said to apply online, which I didn't. However, they still called me a little bit over a month later and asked to schedule a video interview. At the end of a 20 min video call, they offered to fly me out to Chicago for a super day. The video interview questions were all simple, behavioral questions. After the super day, they said they'd get back to me in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why Factset?
      What's Factset's stock trading at?
      If you disagreed with your manager, would you still do what he said?
      Some basic Excel equations
      Why your major?
      There were many other questions. Of the four interviews, a lot of them repeated questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Met with FactSet employees at college career fair, who were actually consultants themselves. These two were very nice, seemed interested in me, and were enthusiastic about their company. The following week had a 1:1 interview with a recruiter, but the person came off as uninterested in myself and my experiences. I prepared a good amount of questions that I had gotten compliments on in other interviews, but the recruiter was put off by them, almost annoyed.

Interview Questions

• What is something that is happening in the financial industry right now?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview as a screening process. If and when you passed the on-campus interview, FactSet flies you to your chosen city to conduct an in-office interview with three to five managers.

Interview Questions

• What is the angle of clock hands at 3:45pm?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my Universities career services office and was invited to schedule an on campus interview. They held a pre-night where they briefly demonstrated the software and talked about the position. The recruiters were very conversational and polite. I was invited to a second round interview and am currently in the process.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how would you rank your excel skills?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied for the position online and heard back within 2 days to set up a phone interview. The phone interview happened the next day. The interview was pretty standard, nothing out of the ordinary. Was not asked to the super day in new york.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

full round day, nice people, nice culture. The manager asked how badly I want this job and what am I willing to do to get this job. It was a little uncomfortable, but I answered ok.

Interview Questions

• How bad do you want this job? Whatre you will to do for me to get this job?   Answer Question