FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

1,135 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The process was fast and easy.
    There was a phone call and after that, was called for the onsite interview. In onsite, there was a demo and 3 technical rounds. Then was taken out for lunch and 2 HR rounds. Everyone was super nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Phone call:
      1. Explain polymorphism.
      2. Explain inheritance.
      3. Sum of 2 numbers in an array must be the target value

Onsite:
      1. Linked list code review.
      2. Palindrome of a string.
      3. Longest palindrome in a string.
      4. Design monopoly   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Taguig (Philippines)) in July 2019.

Interview

Questions being asked are mostly predictable. The questions are not that technical. Most of it were behavioral questions. It's a one day process, HR staffs were very accommodating and seem to know what they're doing.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Visakhapatnam) in February 2015.

Interview

Written exam -- >they picked up the candidates in that and asked to wait for second round, due to lack of time they filtered in written exam and asked for face to face

Interview Questions

• You are a women how can you balance the work as women   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

smooth but lengthy, with multiple stakeholders, diverse questions yet classic. they are analyzing every reaction as you will be client facing so watch out!
    for te background is you have any financial experience please dont hesitate to share it, and the referral system works well if you know any one inside the firm

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join/languages/financial background   2 Answers

Software Engineer - Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Interview

Two written - One MCQ written test on Java concepts, Second Written Test on writing code on piece of paper ( Interviewer will check logic and algorithm)
    Third Round - Technical Round
    Questions will be firstly on your logic and algorithm written in the written test 2 and with follow up questions.

Person has to have knowledge on concepts related to Computer Science then he can crack .

Interview Questions

• Indexing, caching, java collection complexity , your written code complexity, optimising your code.   1 Answer

Advisor, Client Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Taguig (Philippines)) in July 2019.

Interview

Before the HR interview, you need to take an exam. The exam consists of essay which is all about the basic in financial markets like bonds, stocks, mutual fund, and hedge fund. next exam would be an excel exam here you will create tables and use some basic excel formula like IF, SUM and VLOOKUP. Next exam is a written exam all about the right usage of words in a sentence or grammar it was very easy. Overall the exam was easy just study the basics of the financial market and some basic excel formula. After taking the exam the HR told us that we would have the same-day interview and be back after lunch.

The first interview has basic resume questions like educational background, extracurricular activity, and work experience. Then she asked about what we know about Factset and the position that we are applying for. The interviewer also asked us about basic accounting and the basics in a financial market like EBIT and EPS so you really need to study some definition of terms. Also before interview check the status of the country's stock market because she will ask about that. Overall the interview experience was great the interviewer is very nice and friendly so you won't feel pressure at all. My advice to those who will apply here is to really study basic accounting and financial market.

Interview Questions

• What is the meaning of bonds, stocks, ebit, eps?   1 Answer
    • Where would you invest stock or bonds   1 Answer
    • 3 parts of financial statement define each   1 Answer
    • what are the accounts under cashflow   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was okay. Group interview, long drawn out, they tested us on a range of different skills involving communication as well as M S suite. There was also both 1 on 1 and group interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to teach our group members one thing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad) in August 2015.

Interview

First round was a written test in which questions included were regarding logical and reasoning, english grammar, accounting and some basic math. Then there was a technical round and finally HR round.

Interview Questions

• Regarding Financial Statements   1 Answer

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in July 2019.

Interview

The HR was very kind and detailed. They gave me all the information I needed including the points I needed to focus on.
    After the interview they were very responsive to the questions I have

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process is on the average/quite hard level. The questions asked were mostly about technical stuff. I need to go through screening process/interview with the HR manager first and a final/panel interview consisting of four team leaders.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions mostly related about yourself   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.