FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 23 May 2019
1,103 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in March 2019.

Interview

I'm not going to get too detailed into the interview process for the Client Solutions Associate position (in the U.S.) as there are a lot of reviews on this website that are very accurate. At the very least FactSet is repeatable and consistent. My process was the following:
    1.) Submitted my resume at a career fair at my alma mater (I was an experienced professional looking for a change).
    2.) 30-Minute phone screen with HR representative.
    3.) Pre-Onsite skills test (testing basic analogies, reading comprehension and data analysis)
    3.) On-site interview consisting of a short demonstration then a rotation through various managers who asked behavioral questions, performed an excel test or rather your ability to brief how to do something in excel, asked questions based on a financial datasheet and had you present a topic of interest. The presentation on the topic of interest was something you were told about in advance and could prepare. The day ended with a group exercise where all of the candidates interviewing that day had to prioritize a list of items and present their choices/why. There was a lunch with a couple of consultants as well.
    I originally accepted an offer that I had to withdraw from due to personal reasons. However, I wanted to discuss the background check process following acceptance of an offer. FactSet runs a very thorough background check probably because they are a financial company. They will run a federal check, state check and check local counties that you have lived in. Additionally, they will run a DMV check on your driving history, so all criminal and driving related offenses will be available to them. I was asked to make a statement about a couple of careless driving offenses over the past 6 years as well as a recent non-violent misdemeanor. I believe I successfully mitigated those items as I received future correspondences about my start date, but I was never notified explicitly that those offenses were okay. It's good, however that they allow candidates an opportunity to explain previous negative events although that may be required by law.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad) in February 2015.

Interview

First Written test ,if short listed then Technical -1 with team lead later technical 2 with Manager that depends on process for some process it will be only two rounds .

Interview Questions

• Investments, preferred shares,splits,ratios,academic project.   Answer Question

Clint Advisor Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad).

Interview

I went through college placement Frist they will conduct written test and then they will conduct interview with Philippines employees. Everything is ok you will be selected and package will also be attractive based on your performance

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Applied Online and heard back within the month. Scheduled a time for both of us to meet via phone call and had a quick 30-45 initial phone screen. Interviewer was very nice and the process went smoothly

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad) in May 2019.

Interview

I spent 300 Rs just to go to there office and write an online test on HackerRank which could have been easily requested to be taken at home. After the HackerRank test lasting for 1hr 30 mins we are asked to go home and if selected will be called for interviews on a weekday. I would have prefered they atleast conduct few tech interviews for selected candidates to show respect to the time the candidates are spending.

If HR thinks conducting the test in office helped then I am sorry to inform its not. Internet was available and HR was not even in the room for most of the time. I have seen many ppl just googling the answers either on phone or on screenBest would have been to buy premium package from hackerrank , which includes recording candidate while taking test and not allow to switch tabs when test is in progress. Then candidates would have taken the test at home itself.

The hacker rank test itself was very easy. Being a Myraid Hackerrank user, I know that highest weightage is always given to programming questions, unfortunately, the question quality was not that great, If i just returned the input as output without writing any lines of code , I passes 8 out of 10 test cases :)

Interview Questions

• Question : Duplicate Username
      input : ["adam", "eve", "john", "adam", "eve", "adam"]
      Output : ["adam", "eve", "john", "adam1", "eve1", "adam2"]   Answer Question
    • Question : Identify duplicates
      input : [1, 2, 3, 1, 4, 5, 2, 1]
      Output : 2 (Duplicates are 1 and 2)   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process includes two rounds. First a 90 minutes phone call followed by an onsite 3 hours onsite interview. The onsite interview includes problem-solving with two senior software engineers, then 2 HR managers.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview:
      Basic java questions, algorithm, data structures
      On-site interview:
      1. Was given a binary tree recursive problem.
      2. Project questions
      3. To describe a scripting language code   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process was spilt up into 5 faces.
    1. The standard initial CV and 4 questions as a substitute of a cover letter. Work well on the questions to ensure that you say enough within the limitation of 250 words. You do not need to have any background indicating that you have knowledge within finance but make sure they get that impression via your CV and through the 4 questions. Remember to back up every skill/claim that you state with a follow up “story”. I.e. if you are stating that you are good at time management show via experience how you have managed your time, and no this is not via keeping deadlines at your university.
    2. You are faced with two 30 minutes quizzes one is as they are stating a numeric test the other financial. If you are new to finance go watch some introduction videos about standard terminology used when market is dropping or likewise.

3. This is a personal video interview with a HR professional. They are here to get to know you and ensure you know what FactSet is doing. They are a software provider for financial professionals. Your job will be to consult them on the software not to consult them on what stocks to pick. Be aware of what investment banking and investment management is. Often referred to as sell-side and buy-side. Imagine sell-side being the ones not having money and are trying to help their client gain capital via people investing in their firm. Where buy-side has the money and, thereby, needs to allocate these resources the best way possible with their client needs in focus.

4. Assessment centre at the firm. This is a good experience. People are nice and want you to do well.
    There are two initial test. First is a short video introduction to one of the applications provided by FactSet. Try and look up universal screening/idea screening. The second test is in excel. Know how to sort rows by ascending and descending order, how to highlight numbers above or below a certain value. Vlookup could come up. How to concatenate two cells together in order to make a full sentence in a third cell. Filter columns.
    After these test the day seems to become more relaxed but keep being sharp. You will now meet consultants that are working for the firm be yourself but extra interested in what they tell you. Prepare some interesting questions for them to discuss with you.
    After this you will either be doing a group assignment where the focus is to work together and then present this. Do not worry this will not be intimidating if you look at it as a fun challenge you can relax and do the best.
    Finally there is a micro teach session. This can really be anything! Try and come up with something that could make people involved make a bit of effort into preparing for this. Examples of micro teaches: how to drum, how to dance a folk dance, how to tie a tie, how to make friend bracelets, how to get over an injury, how to use a map etc.

5. This is the final interview. Be prepared as you would for any other. Look through interview questions that have come up before and prepare 1-3 sub answers within each topic.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Investment Banking and Investment Management and fixed income?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose your degree? Favourite module and why?   Answer Question
    • FactSet’s closets competitors?   1 Answer
    • How they use the software differently.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you have worked in a team.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have used excellent communication skills.   Answer Question
    • What sort of clients does FactSet cater to?   1 Answer
    • If you knew one of your clients stopped using the Factset software and converted to a new one, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Average process. Nothing special. I remember them asking me about their company’s stock price at the start of the day of my interview. No one was very interested in interviewing me and came off distant. They did treat me to lunch however, but the two gentlemen that escorted me were plain individuals with little to add to conversation.

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet in April 2019.

Interview

First I got a rejection letter for a position I didn’t even apply for. Then about a week later, I got an email asking for a screening interview. The first woman (talent acquisition specialist) who called me basically negged me the whole time, talking about how she almost didn’t even call me and making it sound like I was a crazy long shot for the company (I was overqualified by a year). Then I spoke to the director of marketing, and she was great. I was offered a video interview, which I accepted, but then was offered another position elsewhere. I called the first woman I spoke to twice and emailed her, all without getting any sort of response, to let her know. Then a day later, I got an email from the generic company saying they had decided I was not an “ideal match for their company.”

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions about who I am, what my credentials are, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet in April 2018.

Interview

Interview happens at two level 1. Phone interview if select your resume. Revise Data structure and algorithm nicely then only it will be easy. The interview lasts for 30 minutes and also has interactive coding window. 2. If you pass the phone interview then on-site interview for full day.

Interview Questions

• Difference between array list and linked list.   Answer Question
    • Implementation of Hash Map.   Answer Question
    • Phone Book has one number which appears multiple times. Design algorithm how to get the number and all the number of appearances.   Answer Question
    • Coding question: Print all the number 1 to 100.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.