FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

1,223 Interview Reviews

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

After submitting my resume I had a video chat with a worker at FactSet and then was flown out for an in-person interview that consisted of 4 individual interviews and one group interview.

Client Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The super day interview consisted of 4 interviews and then a group project. The office was very quiet and relatively calm. The conservations were meaningful and respectful. The interview questions were targeted more to your background knowledge about the stock market.

Interview Questions

• How do you do a Vlookup and If statement on Excel?
      What is a sector?
      Explain the S & P 500.
      Explain a stock to your grandmother.   Answer Question

Client Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn about the position and scheduling a phone call for the next day. The phone call was very basic preliminary phone screening - "tell me about yourself", "why are you interested", etc. and learning more about the position. During this phone call my recruiter invited to the Superday for the next day.

I had 1 on 1 interviews with 3 different team members which were mostly behavioral and resume based with a few "technical" questions relating to my past work experience.

After the Superday I thought I was done but two days later I was contacted by my recruiter asking me to come back in to meet with the 2 hiring managers I didn't have the chance to meet during the superday. Both interviews were mostly casual and conversational and mostly gave me the opportunity to ask any questions I had for them.

I was contacted the next day with my offer.

Interview Questions

• Why specifically FactSet? What makes FactSet stand out from its competitors to you?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I applied online and had a video interview. It was code review round. A large code was given to report a log file. Following was an on-site interview which had 3 rounds- Technical, design and managerial.

Interview Questions

• It was code review round. A large code was given to report a log file.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

There was a phone screening followed shortly by a hackerrank assessment, and then there was about a month before I heard back. After that I had a video interview in which I had to review some code. Finally an onsite interview with 2 rounds of technical questions and a meeting with a team leader. The interview process was fine, if a bit slow, but my real issue with the company is that at no point during my 3 month interview process did anybody even look at my resume for the specifics of my degree. I got a call saying they wanted to give me an offer, and then another shortly after saying that because of my degree (minor in CS with a major in engineering field) they could not hire me. This oversight led to a huge waste of time and effort on my part, and I presume on theirs as well. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Design a Parking Lot
      How would I set up a system to read, store, and analyze stock market transactions   3 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

A coordinator from another website set up a phone screen. He/she stated that if the phone screen was successful, I would be notified in 24 hours. I would also be notified if I were to not proceed in the application process. Then I was asked a series of behavioral and situational questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Round 1 - Behavioral Round. HR asked casual behavioral questions. I replied with honest answers. But, I was not sure about the location of the job. I was hoping to get through this round but unfortunately I didn't get through. I'm not sure why they rejected me.

Interview Questions

• 1) start date
      2) Preferred Location
      3) why this job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

- 45 Minutes of Algorithms
    - 45 Minutes of Design
    - 15 Minutes of Resume Review / general software questions
    - Lunch interview

Did not get the job, likely because I took way too long to remember how to do prefix-evaluation and didn't do too well on the resume review / general project questions part.

Interview Questions

• Prefix Evaluation - Design an algorithm that takes a string of prefix evaluation and output the solution.
      Sample input: ++234
      Sample output: 9   1 Answer
    • Input: undirected graph g, where each vertice is a person, and an edge between persons v1 and v2 means that v1 and v2 are on the same "team".
      Output: The team that has the most members, along with each member of that team   1 Answer
    • How would you design a social network? What languages would you use?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

There are a coding challenge, one phone interview and one onsite. The recruiter is nice and helpful. During the interview, the manager is willing to lead you to answer questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I applied on Handshake and had an on campus interview after two weeks of applying. The on campus interview was more behavioral questions, getting to know my personality as I was getting to know the employees of the company. A week later I was invited to go into Boston for the Superday . The Superday was a month later and was from 830-130pm (it sounds like a lot but it's not). I had four interviews and then the rest of the time was meeting with current associates.

Interview Questions

• What was the last thing you purchased and now give me an elevator pitch of why I should buy this product.   Answer Question