FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

1,223 Interview Reviews

Client Solutions Interview

Interview

This was a basic on campus behavioral interview for the Global Client Solutions Internship. It was fairly conversational , there were lots of questions about yourself, what you are interested in, and what you are involved in. I was prepared with questions for the interviewer as well and will be going through the second round of interviews soon.

Equities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Pretty easy. Went through a phone interview followed by an in person interview. I was given a logical assessment by HR after the in person interview. Heard back later that week that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What is a company on the NASDAQ that you like and why?   1 Answer

Client Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview. They made sure that you're comfortable so they asked me about my hobbies apart from my resume. I enjoyed my conversation with my interviewer. Definitely talk about your experiences and how you could contribute to FactSet.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I did an interview on Campus after talking to a rep at the Career Fair. I got an invitation via email for an onsite interview that was 3 weeks later. The onsite interview consists of an excel test, an eps test, and a presentation. Each of which is during one of the 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the Factset Stock Price?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an angry client?   1 Answer
    • What is the formula for Market Cap?   1 Answer
    • There is an EPS test, based on excel summary stats   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

came to campus for the first round then flew to Chicago office for the second round. nice people. 4 rounds of interviews including easy excel test. took us out to lunch after

Content Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet in February 2019.

Interview

I got a phone Interview within 2 days of applying online. The interviewer called 8 minutes late. The very first question she asked why I have applied for the position, 2nd question was whether I had any location constraints and I answered no. The next question was on work authorization, for which I answered I am on OPT. That's the end of an interview saying that they don't take OPT. Why waste candidates precious job hunting time just because you don't filter properly as per your own needs
    Sincere suggestion to all OPT students applying for Factset. Make sure that they take OPT students for a particular position.

Interview Questions

• Why this Position?
      Location Constraint?
      Work Authorization?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

First round was telephonic. After few days I was called for F2F interview. The first round was technical(focused on problem solving and data structures) , second was with a manager/director(questions related to work, interests etc) and third and last was design round with a US guy.

By the time interview got over, the HR was not available(probably left for the day) and I was told that the HR will be in touch with me. The HR did not contact me and did not respond to my email which I sent after 2-3 working days. So I waited for another 2-3 days and called the HR and they said that they don't want to proceed further and that they have not selected. I am not sure why they did not inform me if the decision was made and why they wanted to keep me waiting. I was obviously waiting eagerly for the decision, as according to me, I had given my 100%.

Interview Questions

• Last round - Design a chess board.
      And when would you use hash map or linked list.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

It started out with personal questions for about 10 minutes. Then, I was asked brief questions over time complexity, basic data structures, and sorting algorithms. After that, I moved on to the whiteboard and was asked to implement a binary search tree object in Java. Finally, I asked to write out a simple tree algorithm on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree, return the sum of all the nodes' values which are greater than a certain value.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I had a first round interview at my school. I was expecting basic questions but I got asked harder ones during the first round I assume because I had an investment banking internship and after speaking about that I was further asked to explain some financial terms. Second round interview is the last interview which is a super day. First, you take an online brain teaser test. The day consisted of a welcome and introduction to FactSet. I was then shown around the office and then had 4 30 minute back to back interviews. One of these interviews also consists of a coding test. They present you with a FactSet code and you have to interpret it, fairly easy. In the last interview with the manager, you have to make a presentation, which you know beforehand so make sure you come in prepared and do the tips they recommend. All interviews were 1 on 1. After the interviews, there was a casual lunch with 2 workers. The interviewers were very engaging and really wanted to get to know me and allowed me to ask any questions I had. Definitely, know how to talk about yourself and your past experiences and why you want this job.

Interview Questions

• Why FactSet?
      Why this job?
      Tell me about yourself
      How did you choose your school?
      Why this location?
      How did you choose your major?
      How do you stay up to date with the markets?
      Strengths and Weaknesses?
      Who are competitors and customers?
      A lot of behavioral questions, "Tell me a time when .... "   Answer Question

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Campus interview and then onsite interview, never got back to me whether I got the job or not which I did not like at all, the company seems like a fun, young environment to work for, great location in NYC, job is not always at a desk which was attractive

Interview Questions

• What is P/E ratio, why factset, a 10 min presentation in front of one person, resume walkthrough, something you are proud of   Answer Question