FactSet Research Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Research Specialist Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

I interviewed in the NY office then a video conference with the team. The initial interview (with HR) was painless. I had a 1v1 and panel interview (video conference) which were relatively easy; the majority of questions were behavioral. None of the questions tested my technical knowledge.

It took about 3 weeks to hear back from the team with the result, which really wasn't optimal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a circumstance when you dealt with a team member who was under-performing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Originally started through campus recruiting. Initial interview was for Consultant, eventually was moved over to Product Development interview. Interview was at the corporate headquarters in Norwalk, Ct. Interviewed with 6 different members of PD team for about 45min-1hr each. Questions asked ranged from general i.e. "Do you have any coding experience" to general finance "What are some processes for company valuation, and how would you go about them" along with specific questions in excel.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite excel function (answered nested if or pivot tables). Okay, now make either in this spreadsheet.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation, was told similar situation form other entry level positions in PD.

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)).

Interview

Screening phone interview with HR, initial in-person interview with hiring manager group 1 but was not given an offer, initial call interview with hiring manager group 2, and round two in-person interviews with hiring manager group 2 and two colleagues each individually.

Everyone was friendly and asked standard questions about my background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate but the company would not submit a new offer.

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Very general interview with a few of the members of the group. Mostly they are looking that you are able to communicate well, able to adapt to different technologies, and are willing to learn a variety of skills that you did not have before. Factset speaks a different language and while you would not be expected to know any of it you should show evidence that you have some tech skills and or financial know how.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought I would be a good fit for the position and whether I felt comfortable with technology.   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Youngstown, OH (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I got called for an interview and came in the following week. Two people asked questions, while I sat across a table in a conference room and they wrote down everything I said. Don't wear high heels to an interview here. To get to the conference room, you have to walk through all of the current employees working in an extremely quiet office, on wood floors. Everyone looks up and stares at you. It's very awkward.

Interview Questions

• Name a natural disaster in the past year and three industries it impacted.   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths? Weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Name three news stories that happened over the past six months.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a conflict you faced at work and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer
    • How would others describe you?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.