Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2017

1.9

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

At that time i think it went very well. I gave I contact .I was very promt answer my question . i didnt where bright color,I ask unform when did I need to start where my uniform.Will I be open and close ..

Interview Questions

• He ask have I have retail experince.
      Can get to work on time .
      How Iam with people
      Can i take a drug test   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New Haven, CT (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I walked in to follow up on my application and the manager told me to come in the next day for an interview. He didn't really ask much he was mostly telling me about what I would be doing and how to handle suspicious customers when working a night shift. He said if he chose me I would receive a call before Friday the next week. A week has gone by and unfortunately he has moved on with other candidates.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

It was extremely casual and laid back. I was taken into a small office in the back and asked simple questions. The interview itself lasted no more than 30 minutes. I was given a urine test on site.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

They held open interviews. I waited about 2 hours before it was my turn to be interviewed. Once I was in the room, It only took about 10 minutes. The interviewer was nice, and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Straight to the point in your face questions. About other employers tasks you had at work, preferred salary,how do I work under extreme situations how do I handle customers and their various complaints and attitudes.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Basically got the run around was given wrong drug screen so they sent me to take Another so I did that and was waiting for a call back that I didn't get ended up calling them back to find out they hired someone else because of lack of communication between another assistant and store manager

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Basic interview. On the spot drug test which is wrong on so many levels for the sheer fact that you could completely tamper with it and so could they due to no chain of custody!

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability   1 Answer

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Applied on Indeed which required a basic math assessment, received a phone call in a couple days asking for an interview. The interview was very casual, began with standard questions about work history and teamwork experiences. The interview quickly became personal and more relaxed. This was likely to gauge personality traits and fit for the culture. Final step was the administration of an at-home drug test, and I was notified that they would run a background check.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Interview was outside while she smoked a cigg. Hired that day but had to take a urine drug test (same day) called me after my background check came back an started the next day.

Interview Questions

• 1 question; Why do you want to work for family dollar?   2 Answers

Assistant Manager/Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)).

Interview

The interview and hiring process was very brief. I went in to a local Family Dollar store to inquire about employment. To my surprise there was an immediate opening for an Assistant Manager in that particular store. The bonus was my prior history in customer service and retail experience in addition to light accounting knowledge. I enjoy working with and meeting new people and accept the task of problem solving with grace and tact.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about working with the public?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.