Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston

2.9

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

They are now rapidly finding talents for their new Payment system.
    My review is similar to the one who reviewed on Sept 13 2020 at glassdoor
    The recruiter is super nice
    And the manager I met with talk a lot about my experiences. I am not a good fit for the position.

SO few extra points I want to point out here. Federal Reserve wanted the new Payment system established ASAP.
    1. The timeline may be 2 - 3 years, pretty short development time.
    2. Therefore, they wanted experienced developers. (Not the place or the time for you go in there to learn).. They wanted experience developers start working on the project. If you don't have the experience, I don't think it is great match.
    3. This is great opportunity to learn but they don't have time wait for people to speed up. S if you are experienced (with the stack), great opportunity for you
    4. Security and Speed of payment are the most important subjects in the conversation. Just make sure you bring that up

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Easy interview process. Had a 30minutes call with a recruiter that was very nice and easy to talk to followed by a 45-60mins phone screen with a team lead that is very knowledgeable, we had a very friendly conversation with technical questions from arraylist vs vector to what I do to learn new things plus some behavioral questions that I believe are kind of a requirement from management.

Until this point, and after talking with both the recruiter and Team lead I was very excited to join a team that is trying to do real stuff in our world. What they are trying to do is very interesting to me specially because is tryin to reform the online payment system within the US.

My last interview was with a new engineering manager (that recently joined) that had some technical questions and very broad "techy" behavioral questions. He was a little hard to talk to in terms of trying to establish a conversation on what was being asked, felt like he asked broad question and expected specific answers to something he was thinking. At this point I knew how the interview was going and that there was no "match". Next day I got the email from the recruiter stating they are going to pass on my candidacy.

The FedNow new software they are trying to build and there will be lots of interesting work and challenges coming up for them in the next 3-4 years. anybody looking to learn and do real stuff is encouraged to join this organization within FRB of Boston.

Interview Questions

Interview

The application was straight forward and I heard back from them pretty quickly. Then, I was called for a phone interview with HR. A few days afterward I was emailed to schedule an​ in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience? How would the Fed help you in the next steps of your career?   Answer Question

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Quick HR recruiter phone interview. Basics about job and company. Asked for way too many past work examples for a recruiter. The recruiter explained the whole interview process stating that it seemed I was a good fit. Never received a call back or response to a follow up email. Really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe examples of your work at multiple companies   1 Answer

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

My interview was online and lasted about 7 weeks from start to finish. My first round was 1:1, then 2:1, then 5:1, and lastly 7:1. It was intimidating to say in the least. I was selected for the final round but not offered the job. It was a long and involved online interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is your desire to work with the Fed?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

A recruiter from the Fed reached out based on my resume. They initially emailed me to schedule a phone interview, and then a few hours after the phone interview reached out to bring me in in-person. I was apparently the last person they were interviewing and then I in-person interviewed a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation when you find something to not be compliant with policy?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Interview with Senior Economist regarding the project and your experiences. Interview with Data Scientist regarding coding in general and your experience. The interview was in the Research departement, very nice building

Interview Questions

• What ML package had I used?   1 Answer

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.

Interview

Brief Skype interview with the economist you would be working with, fairly straightforward. He asked me about my research experience and what programming experience I had. He also asked me about my prior economics coursework.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston in January 2018.

Interview

Quick response. However, poor follow up from the recruiter. Recruiter does not return emails or calls. It has been over a month and I have not heard back. I guess I should assume that I am not moving forward with the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell what you know about. .?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Easy and quick. Great people to interview with. Make sure you know basics about the fed. Also be enthusiastic and ready to think on your feet. Overall it was a great experience and I would highly recommend this because it looks great on a resume.

Interview Questions

• Who is the chair of the fed. Basic questions about personality and case scenarios where you've had to solve a problem. Make sure to prepare for these.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.