Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Interview with Senior Economist regarding the project and your experiences. Interview with Data Scientist regarding coding in general and your experience. The interview was in the Research departement, very nice building

Interview Questions

• What ML package had I used?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Federal Reserve Bank of Boston

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

One of the research assistants sent an email to my university's economics department indicating that they were looking for recent graduates. I emailed the RA and we set up a phone interview with two of the current RAs. The interview was mostly technical questions and questions about my research.

A week or two later I got an email from the RA to set up an in-person interview. When I went in, I interviewed with with a panel of 5 economists and 3 current RAs. The interview was relatively relaxed and most of the difficult technical questions came from the research assistants.

Interview Questions

• What is the equation for the OLS estimator beta-hat?   1 Answer
    • What are the two fundamental theorems of welfare economics?   1 Answer
    • If you were programming in Matlab, how would you run a fixed effects regression?   1 Answer
    • Talk about your research experience and experience with Stata, Matlab, R.
      How comfortable are you with linear algebra, financial economics?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Super easy, got exactly what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online. A few weeks later, I received an email asking to do a phone interview which had 1 Economist and 2 Research Assistants on the line. 2 weeks later, I received an email to coordinate a day of in-person interviews at the office. I did 4 1:1 interviews with Economists in the division, and 1 group interview with 2 of the Research Assistants.

Interview Questions

• "Lets say we have a linnear regression function y=a+bx +e, where b is the coefficient, a is the intercept, and e is the error term. However, after more research, you suspect that the equation is really x = a+by +e. How does the coefficient b change when you're testing the effect of y on x, as opposed to x on y?"   1 Answer
    • Why is the Linnear regression model the best linnear unbiased estimator?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience with Stata, sas, or matlab?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Boston in January 2009.

Interview

Meet with a research associate and asked for background on my resume. Looking for prior economic research experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.