Fidelity Investments Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated 22 Aug 2015

2.9

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Westlake, TX (US)).

Interview

Know about the job and know what you're talking about give details..... lots of behavior work problem solving questions.... one phone one in person then a final one with managers....

Interview Questions

• Give me an example how.you handles an upset member..... what were you're steps in solving this etc...... how have you handles bad feedback from your boss... what did you do to improve..... what were your stats as far as.performance at your last job....... how well can you analyze..... what's the differmece between good.customer service and great.....   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

First, Phone interview. 2nd, interview with multiple managers, including hiring manager. I would say the only frustrating things about the process was it felt very inefficient. I felt things could have been done in a panel setting rather than multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time I had to deal with a difficult client - what happened and how was it resolved.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

I applied on the fidelity website and heard back within hours. They set up an initial call to tell me more about the position and make sure I was still interested. Then I had my first interview over the phone. It took about 40 minutes and the lady was very nice. She asked very basic behavioral interview questions. At the end of the call she asked me to set up an in person interview. It was set up for 2 weeks out. It consisted of a tour of the fidelity office and a meeting with two managers along with a presentation to learn more about fidelity. The last step was taking a simple critical thinking test. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the financial services industry   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received criticism from a manager and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for fidelity   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

They will first call and setup a phone interview. After the phone interview they will bring you on sight for the one on one. Two managers will interview you. They will do a brief history of the company and describe the product. After that you will have general background check and drug screen. It is a fast turn around.

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

It took about three weeks. I applied online and received a call to schedule a phone interview. Then I had an interview with hiring manager which was similar to the first interview.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Received phone call and email 2 months after filling out application online. Set up a phone interview for a Saturday morning, that lasted one hour. It was part behavioral and part job description. Then she asked if I could come for an in-house interview on that Friday. Showed up with about 6 other people. - I wish I could have accepted this position, however now knowing what shift you will work after training did not work for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond and gave great customer service.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was very fortunate beginning the hiring process with Fidelity. I was linked by a top tier Financial Consultant who was able to push me past the first round of phone interviews. I was then brought in for a first round, in-person interview. It consisted of meeting with three different branch service managers and their assistants all in one location. After a successful first round, I received an email back one week later saying my interview was "favorable." When I was brought back, I went directly to the branch where the manager requested me for a second round. It's been exactly two weeks since I went in for the second round and still haven't heard any feedback after being guaranteed to hear back from them for a week. Although I am frustrated and feeling anxious, the complete experience overall - I have been very grateful and appreciative of it. I have just graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance. This position would be most optimal for and individual like me. I pray for some positive news soon.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario where you have been apart of a team and have had discrepancies within. What did you do to resolve these issues and overcome them?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online after hearing wonderful things from a relative who works there. I received an email from a recruiter who set up a phone interview which lasted about 45 minutes. I was invited in for an in-person interview. The interview began with a group where we watched a PowerPoint describing the company, the typical day, and the role. Then, we broke into individual interviews with two managers and one interviewee. This lasted about an hour. Afterwards, we took a critical thinking test. We were told that we would hear something in 5-10 days. I received a call back same day with an offer and asking if I had interest in a non-entry level position. I accepted the offer for the original position and am now in limbo waiting for the offer letter, background check, credit check, and drug screening. This part has been the most inconvenient. While I have accepted the offer, I'm still waiting for final steps to put in my two weeks notice at my current employer.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Greenwood Village, CO (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I received a call from an HR representative and she explained the role (call center) and the compensation package (hourly, quite good for the area). Then, she scheduled another phone interview with me that was a 30 minute behavioral interview with another HR person. This was fairly easy if you prepare (she recommended the STAR method which I used). Then, I got a call back giving me feedback on the interview and advice for an in-person interview which we scheduled. At the in-person interview, I arrived with 6 other people and we sat through about an hour and a half presentation on why it is good to work at Fidelity, what the culture is like, and what the job is like. We also go to hear a recorded call that we would probably receive ourselves on the job. Then, we split off in to interviews. Two managers interviewed me for about 45 minutes. This was also a behavioral interview. They managers were quite nice and they asked many questions. After, there was a short logic test (about a half hour) which is not something you can prepare for. It was pretty easy. Overall, it was not too bad.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you were on a team and did not fully pull your weight? When was a time you were criticized and you did not agree? Tell me about a time you provided above and beyond customer service.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2015.

Interview

Brief initial phone screen interview followed by an on site in person 2:1 interview. Offer received the day following the in person interview. Internal referrals are key and weighted heavily.

Interview Questions

• Written personality/critical thinking exam. Basic interview questions relating to interactions with customers in various capacities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer is standard, no negotiation outside of relocation assistance.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.