FinancialForce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at FinancialForce

3.1

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

This review is a bit late since I interviewed w FF last year but here it is;

I got a call from their recruiter and had another call with one of their staff members after which I came in for an in person interview with two team directors and two team members. The in person interview went great and everyone had a great attitude - really enjoyed talking to them. I wrote everyone a thank you email and, all four interviewers replied saying it was great to meet me too and I should hear from them soon. The recruiter then said that I’m a great candidate for the final interview and that’s when it all went downhill... I got another call from he recruiter about 2.5 weeks latter my onsite and was asked to wait a week longer and keep her posted if I received any offers. Two weeks after the last call, I informed the recruiter that I accepted another offer since I didn’t hear from them - no response. It would have been nice not to be kept on a short leash.

Interview Questions

FinancialForce Response

22 May 2019 – Sr Director, Global TA

I'm sorry to hear you had this experience last year. We strive to offer candidates a positive experience during their interview time with us and communication is key. Wonderful to hear that you received a job offer though, all the best in your new role!
    Judi Kruger
    Sr Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FinancialForce (Bellevue, WA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I really enjoyed meeting with the business team and the interview itself. But I did think the recruiters were quite unprofessional. They scheduled times without asking me for my availability. They took a long time to get back to me after my interviews. They threw an offer over the fence without walking me through it. The offer had a start date in it without asking me what date would work with me. The company seems good, and the people and culture seem very nice. I would have taken the offer but they weren't really willing to negotiate.

Interview Questions

• Mostly discussion questions about my background, how I think about deals, etc.   1 Answer

20 May 2019 – Sr Director, Global TA

I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience while interviewing for the role in Bellevue. We work to ensure every candidate feels positively about their time with us, regardless of whether they come to work for us or not. If you would like to talk in more detail about how your recruiting process went, please feel free to reach out to me directly!
    Judi Kruger
    Sr Director, Global Talent Acquisition
    jkruger@financialforce.com

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FinancialForce (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I had an original screening with a recruiter, two more phone screens at the manager and director level, and then a final 1.5 hr on site interview. The onsite portion involves a 30 minute presentation which you have to treat like a sales call, and explain to the panel why you are the best fit for the job.

Strategic Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FinancialForce (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Terrible interview experience that led me to pull my name from consideration.

Started off by getting recruited for position. Went through a phone screen and told me she loved me as a candidate. Moved forward to meeting the VP (direct report) who was in from San Fran a few days later. Moved onto next round and met with one of the managers and his AEs. Radio silence for the next 3 weeks despite reaching out to the recruiter numerous times. Eventually, after reaching out to the VP a few times, I was told I’m still very much being considered but they’ve been busy. He then sets up a phone meeting with his boss (a month after initial interview). No word back for another two weeks despite following up. Finally, about 3 weeks later, I received an email saying they’re close to a decision and things would be more clear after the weekend. Another two weeks go by without any communication (again, despite my following up) and I decide to withdraw my name.

1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. In-person interview with VP
    3. In-person interview with sales team manager and AE
    4. Phone interview with Global VP

Over 2 months from initial interview to my withdrawal.

Recruiter, despite “living her life with transparency,” disappeared (after being communicative via text) until I withdrew my name.

Interview Questions

FinancialForce Response

28 Feb 2018 – Sr Director, Global TA

Thank you so much for the details of your experience during your interview process. This is definitely not the type of Candidate Experience we are striving for at FinancialForce and sincere apologies that your time was not positive. As we grow, we are building more structure around our Candidate Experience, which includes a tighter framework around communication and process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The director reached out to me, and we spoke. He thought I would be a good fit so he had me come in for an in person interview with two additional team members.

Mid Market Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, phone interview with vp, 4-5 hour in person interview with multiple people. Flew to SFO in for in person interview. Travel Expenses covered 100% by candidate and then reimbursed - in my case 3 weeks after interview. It took a number of rounds of emails to finally get expenses paid.

Interview schedule allowed 30min for lunch which was barely enough time to run across the street to subway - was not offered to have lunch with hiring manager or any other member of organization. Thought that was a little odd given the role and expense of flying someone in.

Seemed as though they want sales candidates to follow their prescriptive process without thought. Have to do it their way even if your experience and style is successful. Felt like they were looking for sales robots. Got more of an "oracle type" sales culture feel overall but didn't get that impression until I was onsite.

Whole process took about 70 days from start to finish.

Interview Questions

FinancialForce Response

7 Aug 2017 – SVP HR

Thank you for your frank and direct feedback regarding your interview experience with us. Let me begin by apologizing for this experience. I feel strongly that a candidate's experience, as they consider FinancialForce as a potential employer should be differentiated, engaging and smooth.
    We will review your input and continue to improve - please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is any other feedback or input you would like to provide

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I have to agree with another commenter: the recruiter collected my resume and then cut off all communication. No email response whatsoever. This is very rude, especially coming from a Principal in-house recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Recruiter collected my resume and stopped talking.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Evangelist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

met peers, boss and junior staff, several 30 minute meetings discussing how I would position FF.
    Very collaborative, making sure both sides were a match. Would like to have met some people outside of the marketing function as part of the process

Interview Questions

• How would you position FinancialForce   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and after a brief discussion, he asked for my resume. I promptly send it to him, but after that, there was no more communication. No email or anything like that.

I think it is very unprofessional and rude for a recruiter to just cutting off all communication at this stage. If I am not a good fit, a simple email notifying the candidate will be acceptable.

As it is right now, FinancialForce.com recruiter just flat out ignored me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. The recruiter stopped any communication after receiving my resume.   Answer Question

AE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FinancialForce (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

4 steps
    Presentation as last step
    Met with RVP, VP of Sales Commercial
    It was a standard get to know you, experience you have, what you would bring to the team.
    Nothing out of the ordinary from any other sales interview I have been apart of.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your territory
      Mock sales presentation for discovery/ demo w/ prospect   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.