First American Financial Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

First American Financial Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at First American Financial Corporation

2.7

Sales Interview

Interview

Had a good interview. They had good questions for me, and answered all my question. Just did not hear back. I liked their culture there.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation.

Interview

Phone screen about three months ago. Even with a follow up email, they still have not kept me up to date with the hiring process. Data science department there is new so they don't really know what they are doing.

Interview Questions

Interview

I interviewed for the Property and Casualty Group. It might be a different experience for a different group. Be ready for an excel test with Pivot Table, VLOOKUP, etc.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The whole interview was a very professional and wonderful experience. I applied for First American on Indeed and they contacted me for a phone interview not a week later. After the phone interview, the talents aquisition department arranged me for a second in person interview. After the second interview they let you know if you advanced to the next round. The final interview was a panel interview and the talent aquisition department kept in touch with me for two weeks until I got the written offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an instance of how you handled multiple projects at once.   Answer Question

Security Interview

Interview

Phone interview with the person conducting the interview, who wasn't the actual hiring manager, but a gatekeeper weeding out applicants who didn't fit the personality of the company. 29, 30.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Anaheim, CA (US)).

Interview

Starts with phone screening interview/call from HR. Followed by phone call by the hiring manager for about 30-45 minutes. If he/she likes you, they'll bring you in for onsite interview with hiring manager and other team members.

Interview Questions

• Starts with high level briefing of what you have been doing over the past several years. Then dwells more in technical questions specific to DBA work/responsibilities. Good understanding of database admin and production support including backup and restore and DR / high availability approaches. It gets to some deep dive questions on the db technology itself.   Answer Question

Data Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Quick 20 minute interview in which interviewer, an IT manager, went through the resume and asked questions about it. Also asked questions regarding basic requirements like experience in data analytics and modeling

Interview Questions

• How experienced are you in data analytics and modeling and do you have any examples of previous work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation in March 2019.

Interview

This interview was for an intern position in emerging technologies. It was relatively easy and straightforward. Most of the interview was describing the internship program and the company. The only real technical questions came in the second phone screening with the Vice President of Application Development in Emerging Technologies. Here my interviewer asked about how I've implemented emerging technologies in my previous IT positions and what passion projects I have been working on.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on in IT that involve innovative technology?   1 Answer
    • What alternative methods to presentations do you use?   1 Answer
    • What passion projects are you currently working on?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Spoke with the managing director of Houston and senior escrow office. easy, very conversational. he just asked me about my background and what the job entailed. Process took like 30 minutes

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

*Disclaimer: This review is based on my personal experience. First American is a good company overall.
    First call with HR. Really nice recruiter. She gave information about First American, the position (DevOps) which I applied for and how the hiring process works. She also went through my work experience and set up a time to talk with the hiring manager.
    Now next was the interview with hiring manager, who leads this team and is a senior manager. Worst interview experience of my life (which led me to write my first glassdoor review) Interview went really well at the start. Got into technical details and stuff. I have more than 6 years of experience in the field. The only thing I would say about him is, he was very rude. I would never expect someone who is at senior manager level position to be this rude (That too during your first conversation with them!). No professionalism at all.
    I promptly declined to work under this type of management.

Interview Questions

• Questions on managing on-prem and cloud environment   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume and skillset   Answer Question
    • Their most of the applications run in Windows environment. So questions around Azure or AWS. Din't seem like he was prepared at all or know what they are doing   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.