Fitbit Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Fitbit Research Interview Questions

Interviews at Fitbit

2.3

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR due to their interest in my background and set of skills. After a short phone interview, I was offered the on-site interview within 2 working days. The on-site interview was roughly around 6 hours, and one of the group leaders had a sick leave,it includes 1-1 sessions, and a presentation to the research team. Beware, Fitbit requires your acceptance to one way-NDA terms to enter their offices, which are extremely unfair and clearly exploit applicants confidentiality, bring two-way NDA terms along or/and make sure you protect anything you say as IP beforehand!.
 During the interview, most of the questions are categorized under ''brainstorming'' and suggested solutions to their current problems, the team is clearly eager to ''learn''. Very little questions are in fact directly related to the set of skills the applicant has. The team attempts to squeeze as much information as possible from your background and require a 45-mins presentation.
Team members are in fact friendly and have an interest to do things right but seem under a lot of stress. The company tries to create the illusion that they host an innovative environment with no hierarchy, which sadly some intelligent people still fall for. If you are happy to accept things the way they are, compensate your intellect and innovative approach of thinking , you will be fine there.
Having a company, is not about having one great idea, but a continuous flood of genuinely innovative ones that the team truly understands and cooperate to transform into reality.Sadly, Fitbit research team currently lack the inner inspiration and hence they also fear to collaborate.
Negative: the unfair one-way NDA terms, I interviewed without actually being told at all which position I is being interviewed for. I received 5-word vague feedback which was completely opposite to what I was told during the interviews. One of manager leaving sick ,so interview was not in fact complete.
positive: HR resources are friendly, helpful and responsive

Interview Questions

• can you brainstorm for us about everything related to fitbit and other techniques   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fitbit

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

There are two processes. The first one is HR phone screen. HR will just ask some basic question on your resume and why fitbit. And then she will introduce the company and let you ask any questions you want. The second round after one week, I have interview with one of the research scientist in their company. He asks me a very "big" design problem: "How to use fitbit device to establish the social network or how to make friends recommendation system, which help fitbit's users can recognize each other. " This question looks easy but actually we have to define many things and discuss with interviewer to make question clear.

Interview Questions

• How to use fitbit device to establish the social network or to build a friends recommendation system, which help fitbit's users can recognize each other.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

Very disorganized - I had two phone interviews. Was "stood up" once for the first one, and twice for the second one. I had to reach out to ask what was wrong for the second interview both times before they offered me an explanation. It seemed to be the recruiter being disorganized.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.