Ford Motor Company Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ford Motor Company Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Ford Motor Company

2.8

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)).

Interview

Agency position so interview was coordinated through a 3rd party. Once interview was scheduled, I was contacted by the Ford Manager. Interview was scheduled within a few weeks if the phone call and I met in person. A second interview was requested, then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)).

Interview

In person - two people (one was a supervisor and the other a manager) interviewed me. Each person asked a few questions and then we discussed the position. Questions focused on past experiences at school and/or past jobs

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when things on an assignment did not go as planned and what did you do to correct   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Very structured. They read questions from a piece of paper and did not open up to much personal conversation. Took a tour of the factory which was pretty sweet. They will fly you out if you get it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team problem that you had to solve using the CAR(context, action, result) method.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Online web assessment, which is a pre-interview process, pretty easy math and reading question. Make sure to do it as soon as possible, it may close faster than the time they given.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

First phone interview with hr then invited to invited for face to face interview. It was very friendly environment and they asked mostly behavioral questions such as where do you see yourself in five years, etc.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Rochester, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

the interview process went very fast, first had phone interview after responding to internet ad and a few weeks went by then I received an email and in a few days had interview in person and offered job

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Blacksburg, VA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

simple STAR based question. The interview lasted almost an hour. They wanted to know various work-related situations I had been in and how I reacted. Very laid back and relaxed

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on line, completed personality test. Received phone call a few days later, interview within 2 wks, offer extended a few days after that. Negotiated offer... heard back several days after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, able to negotiate, asked for 8%, received 4% raise

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

3 managers at once, and they met with me in the same cubicle. They took turns telling me about themselves I told about myself, and then the questions began. I was given an excellent driving tour and fed lunch. They asked about specific types of problems that I solved, people problems I might have encountered, or using a specific software package.

Interview Questions

• Gave a list of story problems. Made you walk through work experiences with details.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a pretty standard pay rate. You can tell the about another offer and they can try to match it. Bring the offer letter.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)).

Interview

Process took more than 3 months. Was contacted by a recruiter by email originally, and had a phone interview with hiring manager a week later. I was then invited to the company headquarters in Dearborn.

The face to face interview was split between a 3 person panel interview, followed by a tour of the company grounds. The panel interviewers were very easy going, and seemed enthusiastic about describing their respective departments. They said decisions would be within 2 weeks, but didn't hear from them until 4 weeks later. Thought the interview went well, but I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• All STAR type questions.

1. Describe a time a client was being difficult and how you handled it.
      2. Describe a time you faced a barrier in your team environment and how you handled it.
      3. Describe a time you troubleshooted something.
      4. Describe a time you improved a process.
      5. Describe a time you came up with something innovative.
      6. Describe a time you took a risk and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.