Ford Motor Company Ford College Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ford Motor Company Ford College Graduate Interview Questions

Interviews at Ford Motor Company

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)).

Interview

The interview process is lengthy, and consists of a phone interview, initial face-to-face interview with 3-4 team members, and finally, a Talent Management Conference (TMC). If you're invited to the TMC, you can be sure you've made the first cut.

The TMC starts around 8AM and can last until Noon or later depending on the schedule they design for you. It consists of several parts including a brief overview of the company, a behavioral interview, technical interview, luncheon, and group case analysis. None of the process is all that difficult (if you "know your stuff"), it's just slow and repetitive.

After you complete the TMC, you will receive an offer decision within a week.

Interview Questions

• As I said, no particular question was difficult. They were mostly behavioral (i.e. what would you do in X situation), or (How would you respond IF Y happens suddenly?)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation -- everything in FCG is fixed, take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Ford College Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

Interview

One on campus interview. 2 on 1 for 45 minutes. Typical behavioral questions.

I thought the onsite interview was very difficult. Ford flies out 20-30 people to the Ford Talent Center. You first watch a video about Ford and Michigan. Then right off to the interview. It is 3 on 1 for 1:30. I thought it was the most difficult interview I have ever had. All of the questions were behavioral. It was broken up into two sections: technical skills and soft skills. About 10-12 questions total. What made it challenging was even after you answer a question in the perfect STAR format, the interviewers then asked 3-5 questions for you to explain even more. Nothing unfair, just strenuous. The interviewers wanted to know as much as possible about you. Afterwards, tour of Ford. Got to see pre-production Shelby's on the test track.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you implemented a decision and met resistance.   Answer Question

I feel like the auto industry is rather volatile and high stress because of the manufacturing nature of the job. I accepted an offer in the healthcare industry. While healthcare can be just as stressful, I feel that healthcare products will not go through the ups and downs the auto industry does. Pay was top notch, however.

Ford College Graduate Interview

Interview

I applied online, and they called me back 4 days later, after a phone interview with 3 behavioral questions, they took me to dearborn where I had an interview with 9 questions, mostly behavioral and situation questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your best technical skill and how would you apply it in Ford   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, FCG is fixed

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Contacted initially by recruiter for Formula SAE Competition. Applied online (for 2014 school year opening) and had phone interview with two engineering managers. That was 3 questions in 30 minutes, combination of ethics/situational and technical. Was contacted 3 months later by email to apply for 2015 openings, and applied again online. Was contacted about two weeks later for in person interview ~3 weeks later. In person interview included 90 minutes with 3 managers, then had 2 hour bus tour of Dearborn area. Was contacted 4 business days later with offer via email.

Interview Questions

• During phone interview: You are part of a team that got an incentive for finishing a project early/under budget, but you know a corner could have been cut. What are your next steps.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was very good.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Went to a recruiting event on campus and had an on-campus interview. Following that they sent me a case study I had to do which seemed weird since my background was design/engineering related and has nothing to do with business but it was very easy and subjectively used during a group interview that was onsite. They fly you out to Dearborn and had an interview with two current engineers and then the group interview. Only a few days later after the flight do you hear back with an answer.

Interview Questions

• My case study was: the company is doing well after years of problems and they finally have money again. How should they spend it? Advertising, community initiatives, create off-site working capabilities for people to work at home, or buy other companies? None of these are wrong but you have to pick one and then as a group come to a conclusion on which to choose.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable for salary but their benefits and relocation packages are very good.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard 30 minute initial interview after meeting them first at the campus career fair and their info session. They went into detail how the program works and how it directly supports your professional network and development as an engineer. Before you have the interview, you have to take an hour long online skills test, but it is pretty manageable. After the 30 minute interview, you may be sent to Dearborn Michigan for an onsite interview for the respective group.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard situational interviews including things you have done from work and school, and how you would react to potential problems   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Behavioral type interview. Questions are pretty standard, but the interview is frustrating. Interviewers are quickly writing things down and make little eye contact. From what I understand, this is pretty standard. I think as long as you can give good examples and effectively demonstrate your ability to work with others, you should do fine. GM was the same way.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you made a mistake. What did you do and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

3 on 1. Very calm, positive and comfortable though. I think there are 3 people and if one of them really likes you they will push to get you hired in their group. I think its important to learn what your interviewers do and act accordingly. Sell yourself to the interviewer who works where you think you want to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you someone disagreed with your beliefs How did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation at all . Ford is so big they didn't care to negotiate with me.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

There were two interviews during the process. One on campus and another on site. Through out the interview process, I stayed in contact with an HR employee internally to get my name through the door, which I think really helped. The first interview was a typical behavioral interview, very laid back with some situation questions. However, the second interview definitely felt more intense. I would definitely prepare for questions regarding group work and the impact you had on the team. Everyone was very friendly, and I got positive news one - two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you worked on and the constraints you were under at the time and how you overcame the situation   Answer Question

Ford College Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter at my university's career fair. I had to take a 30 minute online skills test before I interviewed with the recruiter. The interview went well and all questions were behavioral focused. A couple weeks passed before I was contacted to do an onsite interview. My interview was with three Ford employees at the same time. Each one took turns asking me a question. Interview was approximately an hour long. Once again, I was asked a lot of behavioral questions plus some more technical questions about computers. I was surprised by some of the questions since my background is in software engineering but most questions were IT related. I was not surprised when I did not get an offer since my skill set did not intersect with the questions being asked .

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.