Ford Motor Company IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ford Motor Company IT Interview Questions

Interviews at Ford Motor Company

2.4

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

I got a lead from a friend from college who told me Ford was hiring interns. The pay was low, so I declined. Later, Ford tried to hire me through a staffing firm. The pay was higher but still low. Later, friend contacted me again and mentioned the Talent Conference. I bit. I went through my college Ford recruiting event and had a one on one interview at first with a recruiting manager. I passed and was accepted into the Talent Conference. Woo Hoo! At the talent conference there were several tracks: tour of Ford F-150 truck plant, group discussion session, where recruiters said nothing but watched the interviewees talk about a previously submitted exercise and made notes, then there were a Technical and a Business interview. Technical was situation-oriented: "What would you do if X". Business was almost like a psychological evaluation. There were two interviewers, asking questions in alternate. The 2 guys interviewing made it look light-hearted, but the questions they were asking were almost like a psychiatrist evaluating your every move. Different people went to different trakcs in different order. There was also food. Then we went home. If you see my path, they've been trying to hire me all along (intern, staffing, talent conference). So, later they contacted me and hired me! Ford hired me as a Ford College Graduate. FCG. It is a program, look it up :) 3 years 3

Interview Questions

• You were asked to upgrade operating system on 40 computers of different makes, models and brands. What is your plan / course of action?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations. Period. The way I was hired, as an FCG, the pay scale is fixed.

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Very easy, no technical questions whatsoever. About 4-5 simple behavioral questions. What would you do if someone on your team was skipping certain protocol steps to meet a deadline? Tell me about a time you were innovative. Took 45 minutes and was really surprisingly simple. The interviewer was not from my field, so there was no way they would of been able to ask me anything technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you where innovative.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in November 2014.

Interview

They came to my university, Central Michigan University, and held interviews for a summer internship. After about a month or a little longer, I received an email offering me a position in the summer. I accepted the position and I am very happy that I did. Ford is a wonderful place to work for.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situation questions that were pretty tough   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

It was great, after the career fair at my school I was chosen for an interview at school, the person who interviewed me was very nice and professional. Before you had an interview, you had to pass an online assessment, which was 3 parts.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for Ford?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview started off with her just asking me some behavioral questions. She also asked me why I wanted to work for ford. Finally we did go over some of my preivous projects

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Consisted of talking to the recruiter at the career fair and a phone interview, once accepted I had to take a drug test about 2 months before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Why you wanted to work at ford?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Evanston, IL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application. I then received a link to take an online test, which I had assumed was a programming screen. It was not - it was a math test (reading graphs), verbal test (like SATs or ACTs), and a culture fit test. After passing that I then had an in person interview at school. The interview consisted of 30 minutes of awkward behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were the head of a team that had a hard deadline but knew you weren't going to be able to reach it?   1 Answer

Offer was not competitive, location was bad, and it was a red flag that they never had a single coding question.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I interviewed at Ford for an internship position at my university. The interview process was quite simple and I was asked about my past technical projects, how I work in a team, what I would do about quality assurance. All very basic questions. I was given an offer and told that I would work as a Software Developer. I was quite excited about this opportunity, however, I had no further contact from Ford until about 2 weeks before I was supposed to relocate to Dearborn. I then received a message that they had placed me in Project Management in charge of turning their plant operations on and off. I ended up rescinding the offer as the position I had originally agreed to was not the one that was given in the end.

Interview Questions

• Would you submit code that you knew didn't work if it meant meeting a deadline?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

They came on to my university campus and I applied when I met them in person. I was given an interview. They asked behavior questions mostly. Nothing technical. They seem nice but they didn't seem to be passionate in their work such put off a strange feel to the interviewee.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Career fair visit, followed by an hour long on campus interview. I didn't here anything back for a few weeks until I got an email. It was a basic behavioral interview (resume, experiences, interests, etc)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you used problem solving skills...   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.