Ford Motor Company Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ford Motor Company Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Ford Motor Company

3.1

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Meet recruiters at university career fair. Most of the recruiters were previous grads. It seems as if they were focusing on your confidence and how you hold yourself. They had an info session the same night. To apply for an internship position, you have to pass a basic knowledge test. About a week after the career fair, I was invited for a sit down interview. The process is still pending.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at an on campus career fair, talked to them and was signed up for an on campus interview later that week. Received a second round interview for which I traveled to Dearborn, MI. Morning of the interview gathered with other candidates for breakfast. Ford showed us a video of pro-Michigan propaganda and another of pro-Ford propaganda. Not very informational, just all the reasons why Michigan/Ford is the best place on the planet. Toured Ford facilities in Dearborn, Henry Ford's name was only mentioned oh, two or three hundred times on said tour. Interviewed in the afternoon with two sets of engineers.

Interview Questions

• What was an important decision you made in your life that many around you disagreed with at the time, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with personal issues that arose between teammates when working on a project. What did you do at the time and what would you do differently now?   Answer Question

My wife did not want to move to MI.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in July 2013.

Interview

The first round was phone interview. It was for half hour. Two interviewers asked questions taking turns. After initial introductions, and a generic 'tell me about yourself' starter the actual interview began. It consisted of a few behavioral and a couple of situation based questions. e.g. most innovative idea, conflict with coworker, team experience, customer situations etc.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Very quick and to the point. I understand why would ask the questions they do, they are very interested in specific fields. I feel like the overall process was pretty smooth, but response time could have been better. Very enjoyable. Very quick and to the point. I understand why would ask the questions they do, they are very interested in specific fields. I feel like the overall process was pretty smooth, but response time could have been better. Very enjoyable.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I applied online. I was emailed a link for an aptitude test which I passed. There was a phone interview set up and the recruiter spoke very well for over 30 minutes. He said he will let me know in 2-3 weeks. It has been over 5 weeks and I have not hear back. The job status online says 'Under Hiring Manager Review' I tried calling him and there has been no response. I hope that they call and up tell me if I am not selected. He did tell me that I passed the phone interview and I was eagerly waiting for a call for the next round but I have not heard back.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Sat in a room on university with 2 other interviews going on at same time. Met with head engineer of hybrid power trains. asked me questions pertaining to past experience and how i would deal with certain situations. was 30 minutes long

Interview Questions

• How would you prepare a presentation on your work for people who have no understanding of what you do.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Great interview, to the point and quick response.
    Interview with 3 people on site after a quick phone interview.
    Great and easy interview experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time questions...   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through University Careers portal. Invited for a panel interview at Dearborn facility. It was an interview for a position through an agency hire.
    Interview was conducted by a group in the under-hood flow simulations team. Questions were predominantly technical about from experiences in commercial software and hands on experience in engine flow, exhaust gas and cooling system simulations.

Interview Questions

• How different is the method you used in your PhD research, from a commercial software tool in terms of accuracy ?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Istanbul (Turkey)) in June 2017.

Interview

English test, group interview which as 2 case and one to one interviews with human resources and managers
    Also there is an IQ test you should take and then they gave two cases and you should make a presentations about the cases and your solutions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chennai) in November 2011.

Interview

I contacted the person I know working in ford and through them I approached the senior officials of the company. They spoke to me for a long time to know much about me. Finally after 2-3 meetings and after they gained confidence on me, a man from the engine dept. who is well experienced was asked to give his opinion upon me. After several meetings with him and practically proving my knowledge on the floor, he was convinced and that's how I got the job.

Interview Questions

• I am not too good at MS Excel tools. I wasted tested a lot in it. And technically, i was tested in advanced engine working concepts and ford's upcoming new products and particularly about the process of testing engines.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.