Ford Motor Company Research Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ford Motor Company Research Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Ford Motor Company

2.7

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Math and verbal exam. Recruiter/HR calls you and asks a few questions. Your profile will then be sent to a Hiring Manager. He then schedules an onsite round after a month.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions and they keep writing notes. I got an email later which said my resume wasn't aligned with the position. So I honestly don't know why they interviewed me in the first place. This position is visa sponsored but I feel they are worried about visa issues and process. There are tons of better companies to apply for and this isn't one of them. Interviews seemed biased and they can already have a candidate personally they know for the job but they interview others for the sake of HR . Also, women are preferred over men.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

After Ford online assessments, there was a phone screening interview with hr manager. The screening interview was not difficult and the questions are about the contents in my resume and applications.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about two weeks later I got an email asking for a phone screen. I talked to a HR and it was all about basic personal information. Then around three weeks later I flew to Dearborn, MI to have an onsite interview. Five technical questions and five behavioral questions. All technical questions were job related. I think those behavioral questions are pretty similar for every candidate.

Interview Questions

• What risk did you take and prons and cons?   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2015.

Interview

Web Assessment on basic math skills followed by a phone screen to discuss the position, Then a 2hr video interview. The video interview was mostly asking questions about technical projects and assessing behavioral situations.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions with some questions about technical projects   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in September 2017.

Interview

Resume screening followed by online aptitude test and phone screen. Phone screen was an average interview about resume projects and experience with hardware implementation. A solid hands on experience was expected. Asked some detailed questions about controller design.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with hardware implementation of a controller?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Online assessment followed by a phone interview and an on-site in Detroit (regardless of location). Questions were 50% behavioral and 50% about your projects/previous experience. Relatively easy with some preparation. No problem solving or coding questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some conflicts that came up with team members in the past and how did you resolve them.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in March 2014.

Interview

Had a single phone interview with 3 managers. General interview with discussion on resume. They asked details, approach and brief explanation about the projects and publications listed on the resume.

Interview lasted for about 20 mins.They described the job responsibility and problems that has to be adressed and asked my opinion and suggestion on a particular control problem.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I talked with a research engineer in FORD and he sent me a form to apply for the position.
    I had a brief phone interview and then an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Their questions are focused on "how I can contribute to the company".
      And the most difficult question was "if you are going to travel to the moon, what will you do?".   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview and then onsite interview after two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior questions: what is your weakness? How do you demonstrate your leadership?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Started with self intro and Asked about my current research field and interest
    Specifics about my current research topic and gave an overall description of the requirement of the position
    Was an overall average interview
    Advice :Be fully prepared for every detail of your current research

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.