Fraser Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Fraser Health Interview Questions

Interviews at Fraser Health

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fraser Health in September 2020.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call approximately 2 days later to set up an interview through Skype due to COVID-19.

The interview was conducted by 1 person and via Skype.
    Behavioural type questions were asked.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fraser Health in April 2020.

Interview

I applied through their website and received a call a week after. They requested an in-person interview. It was a one-hour interview with 3 people. There were two managers and a technical person.

There were about 30 questions on experience in healthcare as well as business analysis.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fraser Health (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed with Hiring Manager by phone, then with the panel in a second interview. The interview process was pleasant. Seemed like a genuinely nice group. Questions were appropriate.

Reflecting back on the interview, I could see several passive 'signs' that my application was likely rejected before the end of the interview despite having extensive experience in healthcare and in the project space. The panel was unable to answer quite a few technical and strategy questions, with some answers feeling artificially blunted and short. It would have been a great opportunity to work with the projects and team. Could have made a great impact. Job was reposted days after the interview.

Suggestions for Interviewing:

The health authorities have some challenges with maintaining budget and schedule, so it is important to be able to provide answers that show you achieving these despite the organizational barriers or culture.

Also display an ability to manage resistance and conflict well, with an indirect (not direct) approach.

The questions in the interview also serve as the checklist for evaluating if the candidate has experience in the specific areas (1, 2, 3, ). Answers need to provide precise examples that the candidate can handle the challenges/responsibilities expected in the role; and display attitudes, values, and solutions that are respectful, conflict-avoidant, and optimistic.

A high risk-avoidance can limit receptiveness to challenging the status quo or implementing new approaches. A bloated bureaucracy also requires a very thoughtful and researched approach before engaging upper management on any changes/risks. Outsiders are accepted into the in-group slowly. Formal leadership roles have more opportunity to influence change after extended engagement.

Answers are evaluated heavily on qualitative criterion and West Coast Canadian values (respect authority/hierarchies, conflict-avoidant, empathetic, obedient, relationship-based, etc). Discussions can emphasize a performance focus, but implementation will prioritize relationships and the status quo (implied, not explicitly).

Conflicting priorities need to be managed carefully as these frequently undermine workplace goals. Humility and ability to learn is crucial, although accepting blame or fault is uncommon. Discrepancies between Espoused & Held (actual) beliefs should not be pointed out unless identified as a general consensus. Although you can often encounter remarkable aggression or passive-aggression, here it is best to not comment on these management behaviours any more than required as this could be perceived as challenging cultural norms in the current organization.

Candidate will also need to display comfortability and support of the approaches, tools, and standards used by the Health Authority. Mainstream Canadian culture is largely individualistic, but answers should typically emphasize a collectivist approach and values. Roles emphasize power and status, but stated strategies should emphasize collaboration, taking initiative, and respect. From a subordinate role, you are expected to accommodate and take into account your bosses' skills and abilities (and weaknesses), and adjust your approach and workload accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Types of Projects
      Resistant Stakeholders/ Conflicting Priorities
      Contract Management/ Performance Management   1 Answer

Health Care Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fraser Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Pretty standard, although they probably haven't read your cover letter so you'll end up reiterating what you wrote on your cover letter. Didn't realize this until near the end where they were asking questions that were already on the cover letter. Conducted by two people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fraser Health (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied for the job online and waiting for about 1 week and then the hr schedule a time for the in-person interview. You are able to select a time slot best convenient for yourself. There are 3 interviewers, they will ask questions in order.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself, strongest, what you learned from previous experience   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fraser Health (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

Phone screening from recruiter, Face to Face interview with the Director, Security Architect & snr Security Analyst

Interview Questions

• Questions about my prior projects; Scenarios & Technical questions   Answer Question

Senior Care Aide Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fraser Health.

Interview

Very relaxed and quick, with the typical getting to know you questions. Most of the other questions are about how good you are with people, as this is a position where you'll care for senior residents. You'll know right away if you have the position.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fraser Health (Surrey, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through a Co-op program and received an on-site interview invitation within 1-2 weeks. Was interviewed by a manager and two other team members. Received a callback with their decision the same afternoon.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences with teaching orcommunicating tech-related concepts to non tech savvy people?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fraser Health (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in July 2018.

Interview

Interview took an hour. The hiring manager was friendly and easy going, he took the anxiety out of the process. The interview setting was laid back and comfortable. The interview questions included lots of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you positively influenced someone to do a job in the way you wanted.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with tough people?   Answer Question

PACU Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fraser Health in January 2018.

Interview

It was quite well structured, I applied online and got a call to meet the manager about a week after. Questions were mostly scenario based which I dont really remember too much. Mostly what you would do or have done in a critical situation and the standard question about why you choose PACU

Interview Questions

• Tell me an experience where you had to make a quick judgement about a patient?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.