Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 125 of over 125 interviews

Recruiter3%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Was a casual process with a senior researcher and an HR member who was organizing the process. Next became an interview via zoom with another researcher as well.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Are you experienced analyzing single cell RNA-sequencing?
    Answer Question

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Interview

Just finished an interview with a recruiter who was very abrupt and cut me off multiple times. She would ask me to "describe my experience" and then rudely cut me off when I started detailing my prior responsibilities. She would also phrase questions confusingly and then get upset when I answered her questions. The position was listed as remote but then she seemed to take issue that I wouldn't move to Washington. This was probably one of the worst phone screens that I have ever encountered. I believe someone who left a negative interview review here may have spoken to her as well...If I were offered a position here, I would decline because she was such a bad representation of the company. Really left a sour taste in my mouth. I almost want to email her back now and withdraw my application. Will update if I hear back.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Apply online May 7th and was emailed for a phone screen two weeks later with the recruiter. The hiring manager was out of vacation so was not able to do my second interview until the first week of June . I had my second interview on a Tuesday and was schedule for my final interview the very next day. I received my job offer later that afternoon. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your resume. Why did you apply for this job? How are you will learning new application? Are you committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion?

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Jun 2021

Interview

The process moved quickly and the team was very engaged. I had a first round with the department director, supervisor and team member. The second interview round was with the remainder of the team members. I wish I would have been able to meet/interview with some Principal Investigators for the department to understand the working relationship.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Jun 2021

Interview

Had a 10 min phone screen with the recruiter who passed my info on to the rest of the department. Was then asked to attend an hour long zoom call giving me information about the role and answering any questions I had. Then, I was offered a final interview which was 3 hours long and I met with 4 different groups of people. The whole interview process was very seamless! Everyone was extremely nice and communicative. They always got back to me in a very timely manner and the interviews were very conversational.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Interview

The Recruiter T was not very nice. She didn’t seem like she understood the job, just read what was in the TOR.I have years of experience but she came across that I was just at the wrong place. Work on diversity. Managers need to hire direct instead of this. This is not a good system

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

Interview

Process consisted of an interview and coding tasks (in R, done begore the interview meeting). The interview was brief, and consisted mainly in reviewing the code tasks, where we discussed some of the challenges with each of the assignments, and how I approached each one of them.

Interview Questions
  • One of the coding tasks involved cleaning a very heterogeneous dataset, and I was asked how I approached this.

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Interview

Had 2 phone screens and then was invited to meet a 5-person panel for an onsite interview. After the in-person interview, the HR recruiter never reached out to let me know the outcome. I sent multiple follow up emails and tried to call, but recruiter did not even bother responding.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Sep 2020

Interview

Very standard and smooth process. Multiple rounds of interviews to meet a lot of people on the team. Here is the timeline: - 08/06/20: Applied online - 09/01/20: Initial phone screen with HR - 09/04/20: Virtual interview with hiring manager - 09/10/20: Virtual interview with two team members - 09/16/20: Virtual interview with two directors - 09/18/20: HR reached out for reference and background check - 09/23/20: Offer Negotiation went well. Salary is within my desired range.

Interview Questions
  • Questions are mostly standard behavior questions or "describe a time when...". Not difficult. - Why Fred Hutch? - What do you do to ensure a report's accuracy? - Name one of your hobbies that could help you succeed in this job. - What existing procedures do you think you can improve at Fred Hutch?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in Aug 2020

Interview

Interviews spanned two months. The first was a phone screen. Two weeks later was the second; a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. Two weeks after that was the third; a panel interview with the hiring managers and other Data Analysts. Two weeks after that I received the rejection email. I emailed the recruiter asking for feedback on where I could improve to have a better shot next time, but was ghosted. That is very unprofessional. If they are not able to answer the question, the least they can do is send an email saying they can't answer the question. Again, it's very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Interviews