Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Interview Questions

Interviews at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.

Interview

There were two rounds of in-person interviews: first with the staff, then with the relevant partners. The process was relatively straight-forward, and the questions received were both fair and largely predictable.

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen Freshfields over other top-tier firms?   Answer Question

Entry Level Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I was told that there were three rounds. I only went to the first one. I met with three different people, none of them were attorneys. I thought it went really well but I did not get called back for a second round.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

There were multiple rounds with partners and associates. Most of the interviews were 1:1 but there was at least one round with two partners present.

The interviews were about 20-30 minutes in length. As expected, partner/counsel interviews were a bit longer and more substantive. Associate interviews tended towards culture and fit assessment. Well-rounded process. At the time of my interview, there was equal emphasis on culture and fit, in addition to legal/technical ability. The firm was more aligned with the positive aspects of the UK/EU culture. My sense is that this has changed recently. Partners with a longer history with firm and/or experience in other offices have a greater appreciation for culture than many of the newer associates or lateral partners.

Interview Questions

• How would a friend describe your best and worst three qualities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for associates; likely different for counsel and partner hires. Flexible and friendly when discussing start dates. Overall positive and transparent process.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website. Made it through three rounds of interviews, was not called back for a fourth.

The HR staff was unprofessional towards me throughout all three rounds. They managed scheduling very poorly and were unclear about their intentions. It took me 4 weeks before I heard back from any HR person regarding the status of my application after I took the standard 2 week protocol before calling and emailing my HR contact.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about being a paralegal?

Why Freshfields?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in November 2011.

Interview

I responded to an ad on the internet the client responded within 2 minutes of me posting. We spoke for about 15 minutes about my experience. Two days later the client call me to tell me that they wanted to use my services relating to a legal litigation presentation in Power Point. I worked for 5 days over 14 hours a day til finish. Client was extremely happywith my performance and was recommended to other clients within Freshfields

Negotiation

$40/hr

Revenue Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erith, England (UK)

Interview

I was booked in for a telephone interview. The time and date was confirmed. I never received the call, I contacted the interviewer and didn’t even receive the courtesy of a reply or an apology.

Legal Interview

Interview

It required me to answer a number of competency based questions and discuss my motivation for the job. It required me to answer a number of competency based questions and discuss my motivation for the job.

Training Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

The application process is composed of three parts: online application form, Watson Glaser test, and a half day in person assessment.

The application form is very straightforward with the main question being a cover letter. The key purpose is to understand your motivations in why you want to pursue this career, your reasoning for applying to Freshfields, and what differentiates you as an individual.

The Watson Glaser test is a standard test that is administered by a third party. It is completed online in your own time. It's possible to find many online practice tests for this and prepare fully.

The assessment centre has three parts: written assessment, competency interview, commercial interview.

- The written assessment is fairly straightforward with clear instructions and enough time to do a fair amount of what is asked. During my assessment there were several 'fake' emails to review with all the information required contained within them.

- The competency interview is very relaxed. The interviewers are trying to understand who you are as a person. It did not feel very structured and we took a detour or two. It was clear that the interviewers had certain questions they had to ask but it wasn't a rigid or stressful experience. There were a few situational questions ("what would you do if X happened...") that did not have a right or wrong answer. I felt very comfortable by the end of the process that I had gotten my personality across.

(There was a break between the competency and commercial interview in which a current trainee gave an office tour.)

- The commercial interview is a blind interview (the interviewers do not know anything about you other than your name). Before this interview started I had about 20-30 minutes to read an article. We discussed the article during the interview but at times moved away from the article to related topics. The interview felt more like a discussion where the interviewers contributed equally.

The entire experience was very pleasant overall. I heard back within 3-4 working days after the assessment centre. It feels like the interviewers are looking for reasons to give you an offer rather than dismiss you. It says a lot about the culture of the firm!

Training Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

Application form and Watson Glaser, followed by an assessment centre of one written exercise and two interviews (a competency based interview and a commercial awareness interview). Everybody was extremely friendly and what could have been a very stressful day was made much easier, there was also a tour of the office.

Transaction Lawyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.

Interview

I applied for the position in Germany. First, there was some misunderstanding as they were using both a hiring company and add in a jobs site by themselves. Then weeks after they invited me on a Skype interview and arranged a date. The iterview was supposed to be with 3 persons and approximately hour long. 15 minutes before the interview their employee called me to rearrange. The second date was after two weeks. Their employee assured me it is not my fault, the interviewers "had work". The interview was with one person who didn`t seem very interested and asked me no more than 2 questions on my CV and experience. 10 days after they sent me an email rejecting me. Overall, I am extremely dissapointed with the experience, as they wasted more than a month of my time as they could have rejected me in the beginning.

Interview Questions

• - Very ineffective HR, as the HR department didn`t know they are using an external company and there was a double application
      - Unprofessionally wasting people`s time with over a month prolonging of the first interview.
      - Dissapointed considering the reputation and the name of the firm.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.