GE Capital Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 385 of over 385 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE Capital

GE Capital

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital

Interview

There was one interview for which I was invited less than a week before. Even though I was at that time based abroad (which they knew ahead of time) they decided to interview me as the first candidate. Questions were quite typical, nothing suprising. I thought it went quite well. I wasn’t offered the position and I only received a e-mail template saying they chose someone else without providing any feedback. I found that very disrespectful, given that I travelled there specifically for the interview and at my own cost. Also, I think they could have given me more time to arrange the travel, but they didn’t care, cause I was paying for that. Overall, the process lasted too long for just one stage of interviews (over 2 months). I felt like the recruitment process was all about them and it was very poorly managed.

Interview Questions
  • How do you prioritise/ organise your work?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Melbourne)

Interview

One informal chat; one formal interview with hiring manager; phone interview with HR; one formal interview with CIO. Well organised. Interviewers were well prepared. It was a good process. People were on-time, polite, and honest.

Interview Questions
  • Suggestions for how I would tackle relevant industry challenges.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital (Shelton, CT) in Mar 2021

Interview

I had one interview over the phone. I would of rather done it by video or in person. I know with COVID it's difficult but she didn't even set up the call on video just by phone.

Interview Questions
  • What was my salary and I don't think this was appropriate.

GE Capital

Application

I interviewed at GE Capital

Interview

All they did was ask me about my prior jobs. Specifically, they asked me to walk them through my CV. After that, it was why did you make the choices that you did. They never asked about my skill set.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT)

Interview

(Past experience) Very nice interviewers, simple questions (fit/behavioral). Different from BB IB interviews because everyone here seems genuinely interested in their work and is incredibly smart (intimidating). Might not be technical but these guys (and gals) mean business so do not embarrass yourself with being unprepared for behavioral/fit questions. Still went with the BB because it paid more/ had a better chance of RTO but if energy is your focus/you don't have a finance background I can't imagine there's many places that are better to start.

Interview Questions
  • Fit questions ("why", resume, etc) Tell me about a time you assumed a leadership position Tell me about a time you acted under pressure ...a couple more of those "tell me about..." questions Later interviews asked me about nterests/skills that I had mentioned in my 1st/2nd round so if you claim to be well-versed in something you better brush up on it. FORTUNATELY I WAS and nobody started speaking to me in Spanish. God bless.
1 person found this interview helpful

GE Capital

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at GE Capital

Interview

HR -> Hiring Manager -> Peers -> Offer. Easy and pretty fast. Wound up loving it there. Would have loved to be able to finish my career there, but that was not to be due to GE's and the economy's trouble later on.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

GE Capital

Application

I interviewed at GE Capital

Interview

Met with Manager and VP of Finance. Standard Interview asking me about my work history and education. Then walking through my work history. Very light on behavioral mumbo jumbo. Standard all the way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

GE Capital

Application

I interviewed at GE Capital

Interview

Company recruiter reaches out to you via email first to set up interviews for you. I had one In-person interview with the direct manager and then one more interview with the staff manager (it was a skype interview) Received a phone call from the direct manager with an offer and I accepted

Interview Questions
  • tell me about the time when type questions and general resume overview

GE Capital

Application

I interviewed at GE Capital

Interview

The interview consisted of an on-campus interview followed by an interview day at the office, which included a 2:1 and 3 1:1 interviews. Process was primarily behavioral and everyone was polite and interested in learning more about me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me why you are pursuing this role?

GE Capital

Application

I interviewed at GE Capital

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, then casual meeting in the office of hiring manager. Finally, a meeting in a hotel lobby with hiring manager and his manager. It was more of a casual conversation about what I had done and what they expected. No stupid questions about how would handle...? Tell me about a time...?

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about cold-calling? Mostly on the telephone.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 385 Interviews