GE Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 10 May 2019

2.9

Sort:

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Tampa, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

previously knew my manager he asked to meet up at a public place for a pre interview, then we met again for a formal interview process. Overall, it was a short and easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay was not negotiable for my position, but i was not going to complain about making $20 in todays market. Hours are flexible.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Very Brutal and a lot of time investment trying to master the ways of the audit process, what and how to deliver. the pilots as they are known are linked to an already ongoing audit for the assessment.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (San Ramon, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with the Recruiting Manager. He asked rather simple questions about differences between Java 7/8 and REST.

The second interview was a F2F interview with 4 interviewers. Only 3 interviewers showed up. The interview went real good.

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

On-Campus Recruiting, with a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager. Then, 2 days later was invited to an on-Site Interview 3 weeks later. On-site interview consisted of four 1 on 1 interviews, tour of the facility, etc. Then waited 7 days and heard back. My background was not a good fit for the program, thus did not get a return offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you led a group of people to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question
    • What do you see yourself do in GE Healthcare 10 to 20 years down the road?   Answer Question

Lead Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Waukesha, WI (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with HR manager, hiring manager, and 2 other "senior" members of the group. It was a pretty typical interview. The HR person was very nice and helpful in answering more general questions. The 2 senior members asked questions regarding my resume however noting too difficult and was not really "quizzed".

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Hillsboro, OR (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

2 Vendor + 1 Client interview.
    experience, general c++ and agile principles, difficult time, greatest challenge.

Though we know the good practices, usage and syntax of things, its better to read definitions and "we never use this or need to remember this rule in c++ and this thing in c++ is only for interview" kind of things just to be able to quickly tell without taking time to interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

That was the first thing they asked. There was no problem with the rate. we are both were looking at same rate.

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Waukesha, WI (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with principal engineer to get idea of interest and experience (lasted about 30 minutes). Follow up on-site interview scheduled within 2 weeks of phone interview. 4 hour on-site interview done in multiple sessions with hiring manager, program manager, and other engineers from project. Interview consisted of behavioral questions as well as technical expertise with focus on though process. Offer came in within 1 week of on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Abstract logic problem that encouraged working out verbally the problem in front of 3 managers in order to understand my thought process and how I go about solving a problem. The actual question was about light bulbs and a pattern for turning them on and off which resulted in an answer revolving around factoring numbers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer up front was more than I asked for and included relocation bonus. After initial verbal acceptance, a formal written offer came in that increased the salary by another 7%.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL (US)) in November 2008.

Interview

2 panel groups, one consisting of leadership evaluation and another consisting of technical evaluation. Each panel questioned for about 1 hour different questions on past experiences and hypothetical technical situations. The leadership evaluation asked questions specifically targeted towards GE's famous 'growth values'.

External Focus: “Defines success through the customer's eyes. In tune with industry dynamic. Sees around corners.” FA translation: Know how your clients truly define a successful financial advisor relationship. “Seeing around corners” requires that you interpret industry events in a way that will help you predict future developments.

Clear Thinking: “Seeks simple solutions to complex problems. Is decisive and focused. Communicates clear and consistent priorities.” FA translation: Understand your affluent client's concerns and problems and provide clear, easy-to-understand solutions. All of your marketing efforts should focus on acquiring the ideal client. Make sure your clients know they are your “number one.”

Imagination: “Generates new and creative ideas. Is resourceful and open to change. Takes risks on both people and ideas. Displays courage and tenacity.” FA translation: You need to think of new ways to create tangible value for clients. That may mean developing a new service model. Look at what your competitors are doing and take it one step further. Look for solutions that are outside your comfort zone.

Inclusiveness: “Is a team player. Respects others' ideas and contributions. Creates excitement, drives engagement, builds loyalty and commitment.” FA translation: Treat everyone you work with as a knowledge worker. Use their expertise. For example, even if you share an assistant with another advisor, you must consider this person a part of your team. Their ideas and contributions should be encouraged and ultimately required. Communication with support personnel and junior advisors must be clear and ongoing. Delegate responsibilities, not just tasks, and take the time to teach subordinates new things and build their expertise whenever possible.

Expertise: “Has in-depth domain knowledge and credibility built on experience. Continuously develops self. Loves learning.” FA translation: Developing a deeper understanding of demographics, industry changes, political developments, consumer trends, and current affluent needs and wants will give you greater credibility with your clients and subordinates. Cultivating greater knowledge of yourself and engaging in physical exercise are also crucial to your ability to overcome future challenges. Commit to lifelong learning.

Interview Questions

• You have one gold bar that you need to pay a carpenter for an upcoming job. He will work seven days for you, and you must pay him one seventh (1/7) of your gold bar at the end of each day. What is the fewest number of cuts you can make to achieve this?   2 Answers

Negotiation

NON-NEGOTIABLE AT ALL

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Waukesha, WI (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

First the HR manager called and asked few basic stuff.
    Then there was an initial technical phone interview which consisted of questions based on my resume and previous projects, there were few questions on basics of object oriented programming(polymorphism, objects, constructors).
    Got a call for onsite.
    Initial technical round, more of behavioral and technical questions on some hardware, stacks lasted for 45 mins. The person was really cool and I really enjoyed being interview by this guy.
    another technical round with the guy who actually did the phone interview, He was cool and had some basic OOP based questions. This person was cool and it lasted for 30 mins.
    At this point I really wanted to work there and be part of the group as the two people who interviewed me were really cool and were actually working there for over 15 years.
    Then there was another round with two people. One of them was the Manager of the group. the questions were 1. where do you see yourself in 5 years. what programming languages are you comfortable with. why are you leaving your current job. Tell me one wrong decision you took and what was its impact etc.

They offered me the job same day and based on my interview experience I almost decided to join the group.

Interview Questions

• when do you use a virtual destructor   1 Answer

They were offering less than what I presently make.

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Waukesha, WI (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

First contacted by the HR manager for an intial phone screen to discuss background, interests, why you want to work for their company. The next step was to schedule another phone interview with the hiring manager. This was a similar call to discuss a high level overview of the company, engineering team structure and the position. The final round was an onsite with the hiring manager and 2 members of the engineering team. The hiring manager was a brief introduction. The 2 members interviewed separately and got into more technical questions about computer science concepts (data structures, databases, etc) and also asked to do a few pseudo code walkthroughs on the whiteboard to explain how you would construct a Batteship game.

Interview Questions

• For an entry level position, you can expect the usual questions about your course work and topics technical topics covered within your major.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation. I felt for an entry level position, the compensation and benefits were the best I was going to get out of college.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.