GE Oil & Gas Edison Engineering Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

GE Oil & Gas Edison Engineering Development Program Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview

First round: 45 minute behavioral interview. A lot of "Tell me about a time when..." questions. 1:1 ratio. Laid back atmosphere, they are really trying to get to know you. Want to make sure you are a good fit for the company. Wait to hear back about 2nd round interviews when they bring you on-site.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE Oil & Gas

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Relatively simple for the program. They flew me into Houston to meet with several managers involved with the program (HR, Engineering). They required each of us to bring a technical presentation that we had done for school or in internships. Afterwards they asked questions about it to see how good you were at communicating technical ideas and if you could deal with the pressure. Then we each did interviews with various managers asking typical interview questions (behavioral, etc.) and some technical skills questions (how to do FEA, etc.) Next, we met with current Edisons in the program to get an idea of what we should expect in the job (long hours, travel, free time taken up by Grad school). Finally we were given a plant tour from another current Edison and were on our way.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to understand all the details of your technical presentation because they are intentionally going to grill you. If you have something you recently did, that might be best because it will be fresh in your mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. It was my only offer and the compensation/benefits were very fair. The Edison program is more of an investment in your future career so you wont really be getting paid all that much compared with the very high number of hours you will be working on site and in Grad school which is "strongly suggested" (i.e. mandatory)

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Le Creusot (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Le Creusot (France)) in April 2014.

Interview

There is a first phase with online questions and phone interviews about studies and experience. Once this part is succeeded there is a final selection day with the last candidates. That last day of the process, you meet people from different departments (HR, Engineering,…) and they ask technical questions and HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Calculate a beam deformation with an applied force on one side. Identify the different parts of centrifugal compressors and steam turbines.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.