GE Oil & Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.9

Sort:

Commercial Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position and was contacted by the hiring manager a week later with some basic background questions. After submitting the questions I was contacted the next day by HR to set up a face to face interview with the hiring manager, 2 other managers, and the HR person (all back to back). Atmosphere was laid back and very pleasant. All background questions and job related scenarios. 2 days after the interview I was contacted to interview with a senior partner. A week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe how good you are at Excel.
      What is your greatest weakness/strength?
      Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of question.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get the job done.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Broussard, LA (US)).

Interview

The hiring process was a thorough and lengthy hiring process. I suggest patients and remain confident and comfortable as possible. The interviews are in a more informal manner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

First, I was contacted and interviewed by a recruiter over the phone. The interview with the hiring manager was a face-to-face meeting at the location. The interview probably lasted about 45 minutes to one hour. The outcome of the interview was communicated by the recruiter, who then supply the offer letter since the position is a contract position. On accepting the offer, things progressed to drug screening and background check. The entire process from start to finish took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding educational and professional background.   Answer Question

JOLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

There was a series of phone interviews first. Then they flew us out to Texas and we went through another day of interviews. During the day we interviewed with five different panels of interviewers, and took a tour of one of the facilities.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview

I got hired via the JOLP hiring conference. I was hired for a different job than I applied for due to the hiring conference.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I knew the max they were giving so I set that as my minimum request, they gave me that number.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with three project managers and the HR person for about 45 minutes each. They were courteous but they never did respond after the long interview. I feel my age (over 50) was an issue for them.

Interview Questions

• They quizzed me on the C language and how I would handle technical problems.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview

short and sweet. general interview questions. ask general knowledge questions. supervisor was very welcoming had a general conversation. told me what to expect how the work in environment was. when and what to do to get raises. what safety training would be required.

Negotiation

straight forward

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Very slow but easy. I had to explain the welding process I had to take a welding test. I had to submitt a drug test a background test.i had to submitt to a physical process

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Long and extremely technical questions. They asked about the different coding languages that I knew and if I would be able to apply them to the internship if I were offered the position.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.