GE Oil & Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 13 Apr 2019

2.9

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Long and extremely technical questions. They asked about the different coding languages that I knew and if I would be able to apply them to the internship if I were offered the position.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online. I got an email from a recruiter a couple weeks later stating that I had been selected for a phone interview. I got an automated email saying my resume was being reviewed. A week later I had the phone interview. It seemed to go well. We even talked about interviewing with HR and in person and what my start date could be. Then another week later I got an automated email stating that I had not be selected as a candidate. The online system still showed that my resume was being reviewed though.

Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schertz, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Schertz, TX (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

- Inter-company job interview
    - Phone screen with HR, hiring manager, and SME
    - On-site interview with General Manager, hiring manager, colleague, manufacturing manager
    - Offer job within in the week
    - Offer included site relocation

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (North Houston, TX (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Took 3 weeks to get through the interview. I am still waiting for an offer. I got a call from the HR manager a week ago that there is a hiring freeze so that is what is holding up the offer.

Interview Questions

• Define how to control valves.
      Defined how you would tackle an oil and gas system if you have no knowledge on the system.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Received email saying my CV was selected as main step. Received second email informing personal interview. Interviewed HR and Hiring Manager. The Hiring manager seemed to make the decision even before interviewing me. I am assuming an internal candidate was already identify and my interview was part of the needed steps in the process. Even with that I am grateful to have the chance.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the Oil and Gas Industry will re-start gain and why?   Answer Question

GE Oil & Gas Response

18 Jul 2017 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Great review! We really value reviews like this to help us always continue to get better! If you are interested in connecting with me, I would like to find out in depth more about your experience... More

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Interview

I interviewed with the company. It is hard to believe the inefficiences with the company. I found the Sr. Manager - HR dozing off during the interview session. Also beware the company did not reimburse for travel for 3 months. The excuse they gave is someone in the accounting dept. left. Please beware before you interview with this company. I would never ever work for them.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a pre-screen questionnaire about 2 weeks after applying. Had a phone screen, just to find out they are really pursuing an internal candidate. The sad thing is this would be the 5th interview I had that was already a pre-canned candidate. Please do not waste candidates time if you have no intentions of bringing them into the organization. I was laid off from this organization in March 2016 so it's not like I am a total outsider.

Interview Questions

• What is your background that applies to this requisition?   Answer Question

GE Oil & Gas Response

18 Jul 2017 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Great review! We continue to work hard at being a faster moving company. It is hard being a big company but that is no excuse. We really value reviews like this to help us always continue to get... More

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

First received an email from HR to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Phone interview of about 30 minutes with hiring manager in Italy. He told me I would hear from HR. Never heard from them again, even after a follow-up email to HR.

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview

Communication was crisp and clear. Interviewed by 3 engineering managers. Questions were related to past experience and skills. Resume was reviewed and experience and capabilities were discussed. Salary was not discussed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Market research

Lead Engineer/Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

very long and tedious. The hiring process takes over 6 months. I was interview by at least 10 different managers and engineers. The time between phases was very long and it was difficult to obtain any updates. I contacted the recruiter several times and he had little information to give out about the status of my process. I visited their offices in Houston, by the airport and was very impress with the facilities. I also visited the offices in Oklahoma city and it was very old and outdated compare to the facilities in Houston.

Interview Questions

• what technology skill set do i bring to the company   1 Answer