GE Oil & Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 13 Apr 2019

2.9

Sort:

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Cleveland, OH (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The entire process took ~6 weeks. 1st Phone interview with HR, 2nd Phone interview with the hiring manager, 3rd On-Site Panel Interviews (with HR, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering etc.)

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Got contacted by their HR analyst after I applied through LInkedIn/GE website. Initial phone screen with HR analyst, the following week a phone interview with hiring manager and 3 weeks later, an on-site visit to their manufacturing locations and face-to-face interviews with 4 individuals.
    After interview, the HR analyst never provided feedback, even after multiple requests. My travel expenses were never filed, and I have still not received reimbursement. Very unprofessional. Never expected this from GE. After I was able to get a hold of the hiring manger, he finally told me that I was overqualified for the position and they had decided to move forward with other candidates

Interview Questions

• Regular behavioral questions, and examples of my previous experience relevant to the open position   Answer Question

Sustaining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted in early June about the opening of an engineering internship in Jacksonville, Florida at GE Oil & Gas. I applied to the position online the day after being notified of the opening. Within the same week, a manager called me to briefly discuss my experience during school. After 15 minutes on the phone, he said to expect some hiring documents in my inbox the next day.

Interview Questions

• What sort of engineering software did you use at school?   1 Answer
    • Are you in any professional organizations?   1 Answer
    • Can you provide an example of how you work well with a team?   1 Answer

18 Jul 2017 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback ~Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

tedious and long winded but in the end, initially worth the wait. HR was very unknowledgeable and RARELY ever available to aide with any questions. just said to call the 1800 hotline.

Interview Questions

• asked for all previous employers w-2's which i find insulting and wrong.   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Took over 4 months during the interview process. Had to fly to Houston multiple times to interview for the same position. Got hired on and then had to reapply and reinterview again over the phone for the same position. They knocked my title down from its original application and reporting structure completely changed. Would not recommend this process with GE to my worst enemy. Big, corporate machine that cares about themselves only.

Interview Questions

• Your experience with the C-Suite and how you would be able to deal with them in your position.   Answer Question

29 Jul 2016 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you sharing your experience. We're committed to listening to talent in the marketplace and would welcome further conversation if you are interested. Please... More

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Bakersfield, CA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

very lengthy and detailed. HR performs an initial interview, then the hiring manager and then back to HR for salary and benefit negotiations. This whole process took about 3 .5 weeks time.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas in July 2016.

Interview

I spoke to some employees I know at GE and was encouraged to apply for this position. So I filled out the profile and submitted my resume and cover letter through the GE Careers website. I was then contact by a recruiter to set up a phone call with a Finance Manager (the position I applied for does not report to the Finance Manager, but the hiring manager was on vacation...I never received any communication from the hiring manager).

Interview Questions

• About 90% of the 30 minute phone interview was centered around very generic questions i.e. "Would you report any fraudulent activity if you saw it?" "Do you believe in safety first?" etc etc   1 Answer

18 Jul 2017 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Great review! We really value reviews like this to help us always continue to get better! If you are interested in connecting with me, I would like to find out in depth more about your experience... More

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview

I spent one afternoon going through a series of interviews at the end of my summer internship. There was a technical interview with engineering manages asking about work and technical experience, then a technical presentation with Q&A session on either your internship or a school project, then finally an interview with HR asking behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• In the technical interview I was asked about my work experience and my internship, what I learned and what sort of career path I am interested in.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview

Met the hiring manager at a career fair and they contacted me for an interview days later. I had to apply online and through my school website. The process was well organized.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and his direct manager. Informal questions about my past experience, then HR took sometime(3 weeks) I received a formal offer and that was it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the offer was non-negotiable