GE Oil & Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 13 Apr 2019

2.9

Sort:

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schertz, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Schertz, TX (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter, followed by a panel interview with engineers. The in-person interview is then followed by a manufacturing tour. During the wait period, I got two other offers and had to call them back to request a verdict.

Interview Questions

GE Oil & Gas Response

18 Jul 2017 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Great review! We continue to work hard at being a faster moving company. It is hard being a big company but that is no excuse. We really value reviews like this to help us always continue to get... More

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas in April 2014.

Interview

After meeting a GE Oil & Gas representative it was recommended that I create an online profile and that she would submit my resume to recruiting. A few weeks later I was contacted by GE HR representatives and asked to apply for a certain position, After applying I was contacted by HR at which time I scheduled a phone interview with the engineering manager. During the phone interview I was asked basic questions.

Senior Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was constructive, clear, based on submitted Resume and against opening required criteria, and it was in depth.
    No drifting from discussion and very focused, time was limited for each questions.

Interview Questions

• - Take About your self.
      - What are the areas that you think you can contribute.   2 Answers

18 Jul 2017 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Great review! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and happy to have you as a part of the GE team. ~Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

EID Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview

Applied to job posting through university career center. Interviewed a week later on campus. The interview was all behavioral questions: strengths, weaknesses, people who inspired me, people I have inspired. The interviewer basically went through my resume and asked questions about it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

EID Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Easy interview, some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• nothing, if you bring up something you should know about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable for interns

EID Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview

Was pretty basic, regular behavioral questions. The interviewer kept looking at the clock while i answered questions so i began to get nervous and thought I was loosing his attention. At the end of the interview he told me I did well, commended me on how direct my responses were and asked me if I had any questions. I then got an offer letter emailed to me about 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group with conflict and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

29 Jul 2016 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback.

Eid Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview

Initial contact made at S.W.E. conference. The day after I was sent an email to apply online to the EID program. After applying, I was sent an email 2 weeks after saying I was being further considered and have been selected for a 30 min phone interview. Not very difficult. Expect to be asked behavioral questions.

EID Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Behavioral Interview-One person at my school's career center

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broussard, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Broussard, LA (US)).

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. I applied online and received a phone call to schedule an on site interview after 2 weeks, approximately. The phone call was to ensure I was still interested and to schedule the on site interview. No questions were asked. I received the phone call on a Thursday and my on site interview was on the following Wednesday, so a fairly quick turn around. The on site interview was a panel interview with 3 senior managers. They were very professional, but not unfriendly. Typical questions ensued. Why do you wish to leave your current employer? What do you expect your typical day to be in this position? Tell me a time when you had to think out of the box? Tell me a time when you made a big mistake on a past project, and what did you do to correct it? Are you frustrated easily? What is your expected salary? Et cetera. The panel interview lasted approximately 1 hour, followed by a site tour. I asked a lot of questions, and my tour lasted another hour. I really enjoyed the interview and tour, and sincerely hope to hear an offer from them. I will update this post when the results of my interview come in. I was told approximately 2 weeks for the results to be sent out.

Interview Questions

• No truly technical questions. Most questions were in regard to my resume, and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Phila, PA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at the 2016 National SWE Conference. Offered internship on the spot and walked away with offer letter in hand. Interview was purely behavioral and focused on questions about my resume.