GE Oil & Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

GE Oil & Gas Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2019

2.9

Sort:

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas.

Interview

First round: 45 minute behavioral interview. A lot of "Tell me about a time when..." questions. 1:1 ratio. Laid back atmosphere, they are really trying to get to know you. Want to make sure you are a good fit for the company. Wait to hear back about 2nd round interviews when they bring you on-site.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Relatively simple for the program. They flew me into Houston to meet with several managers involved with the program (HR, Engineering). They required each of us to bring a technical presentation that we had done for school or in internships. Afterwards they asked questions about it to see how good you were at communicating technical ideas and if you could deal with the pressure. Then we each did interviews with various managers asking typical interview questions (behavioral, etc.) and some technical skills questions (how to do FEA, etc.) Next, we met with current Edisons in the program to get an idea of what we should expect in the job (long hours, travel, free time taken up by Grad school). Finally we were given a plant tour from another current Edison and were on our way.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to understand all the details of your technical presentation because they are intentionally going to grill you. If you have something you recently did, that might be best because it will be fresh in your mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. It was my only offer and the compensation/benefits were very fair. The Edison program is more of an investment in your future career so you wont really be getting paid all that much compared with the very high number of hours you will be working on site and in Grad school which is "strongly suggested" (i.e. mandatory)

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Basic questions about Map Processing. Very easy interview. Typical phone and then a panal of interviewers. Everyon was friendly, and show you around the office. It was a fast process, dont have much more advice. If you know the role you are applying for and you have the education and experience, you should do okay.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past projects and how was the success rate of the projects.   Answer Question

GE Oil & Gas Response

29 Jul 2016 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback regarding your interview and subsequent hire.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

A contract HR person contacted me and urged me to come in right away the following day. I met with 2 individuals that ask an hour worth of situational questions and after I passed their questions, I was taken to meet with the person that I would be assisting. He asked personality type questions.

Interview Questions

• What qualities are you looking for in a manager? You are given $100 to plan an event for the team in 2 days, what would you go?   Answer Question

GE Oil & Gas Response

18 Jul 2017 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. ~Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy interview process. Interviewed by 3 managers (2 Engineering Managers and HR). Typical discussion about the work, product and job experiences. However, the work described at the interview does not match the actual work on the job.

My advise is to ask to speak to potential colleagues to find out more about the culture. Ask to see the actual desk you'll work at. Most importantly, write down everything they say.

Interview Questions

• What's one flaw you can describe about yourself?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

This was a panel interview with 3-4 people including the HR manager. They don't tell you this in advance, so don't be surprised. They have a script and they all take turns asking you a question. If you are knowledgeable, it should be a breeze. I can't remember any of the questions asked, they were all over the place.

Negotiation

They don't negotiate anything.

Operations Management Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Four interviews some two more technical two based more around behavior and traits. 10 min Presentation on a process improvement project. Group exercise that where you were watched individually. Look to take people that fit the role rather than for a set amount of spaces so you arent in competition with others at the interview.

Wireline Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, TX (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Victoria, TX (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, 1 on 1 interview; interview was a conversation about G.E. Oil and Gas and my apsirations. No classic interview questions were even asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Went well. Go into this situations with a lot of confidence about your abilities and express your future goals with career implications.

Engineer/Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. The interview was about an hour long and consisted of two interviewers asking you basic questions about your experience, projects, etc. They will also ask you about what your interests are. An offer letter was sent a few weeks after the interview. Other than the city name, start date, and salary, there were no details given about the position offered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my start date since I wanted to take some time off between graduation and starting work. I would push hard to get a description of the job you were offered because their placement isn't the greatest; they stick you were they need you.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Norman, OK (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice to me. She gave me a brief explanation about how the interview was going to be and asked me if I had any questions. The questions were behavioral type and nothing to much out of the ordinary. They called me the very next day to make the offer and sent me everything within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were on a leadership position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation because it was for an Internship.