GE Power Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at GE Power

2.9

Gas Turbine Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straightforward. What's nice is the company keeps you updated on the application process through their careers portal - so you're never left out in the dark.

EID Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I met GE at a career expo in Houston, Texas. After asking a couple of questions about the company, I was offered an interview. I was given a variety of dates to have the interview - I chose to have it the next day. The interviewer arrived on time and well prepared! The interview was approximately 30 minutes long and consisted only of background/personal experience questions (no technical questions). I received a job exactly a week later.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer assumed I researched the company beforehand - which I had. I was asked: What did you learn through your research?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you faced a challenge and explain how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself as a team member?   Answer Question

Lead Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I was interviewed for this position over 17 years ago and process could be changed quite a bit during these years. There were 4 people involved in the interview process: a human resource manager, general engineering manger, mechanical engineering manager and application engineering manager

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Job description was very broad and open, which I think was done on purpose. Had to do homework and prep for the interview. Had 2 quick calls, and a face-to-face with 2 managers and the head of HR.

Interview Questions

• How will you grow the business? How will your history help you succeed in this role.   Answer Question

EID Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Face to face interview at a table. Typical behavioral questions, nothing surprising. GE emailed me two days later with an offer. They gave me about a month to respond. Then, they emailed me employee forms. A urine test was required and given about two months before employment. A very positive and straightforward experience.

Lead Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied internally, was contacted directly by the hiring manager, set up an interview date and time. I showed up to the site, signed in with security and waited to meet the hiring manager. I interviewed with 2 people and later interviewed with HR by telephone. I was notified a week later I had the position. I had the offer letter in hand a week after than and started the following Monday post acceptance.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you describe your work style?
      2. Can you walk me through your thought process in creating this new process?
      3. What type of position do you see yourself in next?
      4. Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview was very technical. I was asked a lot of technical questions, some things that I had forgotten from college. It was a one to one interview and overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was better than my previous job, I didn't negotiate, maybe I should have.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Initial interview with manager was in person, followed up by in person interview with District Manager and finally a phone interview with Regional Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was simple, mostly handled by a recruiter; I already knew before the interview what they would agree to

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.