GE Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

GE Power Interview Questions

Interviews at GE Power

2.8

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Job description was very broad and open, which I think was done on purpose. Had to do homework and prep for the interview. Had 2 quick calls, and a face-to-face with 2 managers and the head of HR.

Interview Questions

• How will you grow the business? How will your history help you succeed in this role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Power in November 2013.

Interview

I was interviewing for this role in Houston from another GE Power Greenville (my former role). They scheduled within a week, 5 separate phone interviews with 5 team members, manager included. Each interview was about 1 hr, very casual, mixed between technical and behavior questions. I could tell they were not used to interview candidates. Within a couple of weeks, manager gave me an offer. I tried to negotiate but was told company policies for laid-off employees (GE) was offer non-negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Describe your understanding of gas turbine systems. Do you know of the controlled parameters for GTs? Why do you need to control those?   1 Answer

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Power (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

Series of interviews over skype. Had to be an intern before you are allowed to apply. Presentation and sales skills were tested, as well as technical background. IF you do not know your projects inside out and backwards you will not do well.

Lead Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I was interviewed for this position over 17 years ago and process could be changed quite a bit during these years. There were 4 people involved in the interview process: a human resource manager, general engineering manger, mechanical engineering manager and application engineering manager

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Power.

Interview

Contacted by Email, phone screen with recruiter a few days later. First technical phone interview a few weeks later, followed by two more. They were going to fly me out for an onsite interview but instead I had to drive to another site for a video conference interview, which was alot more relaxed than the other ones. During the video conference interview I spoke to 4 different people, 1 hr lady and 3 engineers. I was made an offer about 3 weeks later. No relocation, had to negotiate that as well. Whole process took over 3 months from the date of first contact.

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly not too many technical questions....alot of "Tell me a time..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask, they'll say they can't but the usually can.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Power (Medford, MA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

There was one non-technical interview with an HR representative. We talked a lot about my resume and it was pretty casual. The interviewer made me very comfortable, so you have no reason to be nervous! We talked about what was most important to me in college and then we also talked about what it was that GE Intelligent Platforms does.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I came to the interview through a career fair hosted by my university. GE had accepted me for an interview--- all I had sent them was my resume. My interviewer was very friendly and well-mannered. The interview itself was not technical in nature. I was only asked behavioral questions like "Tell me about a situation where you encountered an unexpected problem and how did you deal with it?" The whole interview was based on what I had written in my resume. My interviewer would just ask me to speak in more detail about what I did. I had a lot of experiences on my resume, so it everything went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly unexpected or difficult. Be prepared to talk about team projects and team relationships; for example, describe a conflict you had with a partner and how did you work it out?   Answer Question

I was tempted, but the offer was only $24 an hour. Relocation benefits were minimal. Also, the acceptance website was very old and obsolete looking; it gave the impression of a company without competent management.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Gainesville, FL (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was more behavioral, it was one on one with the recruiter I met during the universities career fair. It was not at all intimidating and more relaxed. Definitely no technical (I.E. Mechanical, Electrical,... etc...) questions asked.

Interview Questions

• -Present a time where a team based project did not go the way your team wanted to. How did you handle it? How did the team handle it? What would you would have done differently?

-What was one of the most challenging classes you have had and why?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (San Ramon, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

it was fair/good questions asked/met with the right people and didn't make me come in multiple times. i was aware of what the next steps were and was clearly able to communicate to my recruiter and ask questions

OMLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Power in September 2014.

Interview

Was set up after talking at my university career fair. I got a call the night of the career fair and set up an interview for the next day. It was a one-on-one interview with a recruiter that was working full time, in a manufacturing operations lead role. Not technical, wanted to know about team skills and projects I have individually had an impact on. Very professional. I got an offer within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were working in a group and had to convince the majority to go with your idea?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.