GE Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

GE Power Interview Questions

Interviews at GE Power

2.8

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Greenville, SC (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The process was quick and very easy. The HR team at GE was willing to work with me since I live about 3 hours away. They accommodated and were happy to do so.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how my military experience would benefit my role as an engineer.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

hiring manager for this role was in a rotation program and changed salary offer THREE TIMES. moved up, then down (looked at "wrong data" for my education), then up after much negotiation but not meeting the initial adjustment up.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Power.

Interview

They came on campus and I was invited for an interview which was really convinient because I didnt have to drive to their location. I was fortunate enough to have the HR Manager another location interview me and gave me the oppurtunity to think about my questions.

Field Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Wilmington, NC (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Phone screen first then pasa to a face to face interview where they pay for your trip and all your expenses.
    Long day with 4 different interviews, not easy but not hard. Common questions about yourself, your goals, etc

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Power (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Job interview arrangement via email. Unclear hiring timing and needs.
    After two months no feedback was received. Asked recruiter and I was told the position was internally filled.
    Just because I have asked 3 times I have received a feedback.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Power.

Interview

HR contacts you for a phone interview. Then you have 4 sessions from different junior, same level, one level up and GM of the department. It takes minimum 4-5 hours.

EID Engineering Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power.

Interview

I applied for a GE Power Technical EID Position through my university job portal. Once I found out I was invited for an interview, I met with a current employee and was asked mostly basic questions in the "tell me about a time..." form. I heard back from an HR employee a little over two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict in a team setting   Answer Question

EID Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE Power.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer and nice conversation. Basic behavioral interview, as well as a few questions about resume specifics. Have your STAR responses prepared, and be ready to expound upon any part of your resume. Very quick turnaround with the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you encountered an overwhelming challenge?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult team member?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your weaknesses? When was a recent time you dealt with this situation?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

Overall, it was a thought provoking, as they were very focused on situational questions. It helps to have a few good stories that you can tell that also focus on lessons that you learned while specifically talking about what you did instead of the group overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a choice against the majority   Answer Question

EID Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I met GE at a career expo in Houston, Texas. After asking a couple of questions about the company, I was offered an interview. I was given a variety of dates to have the interview - I chose to have it the next day. The interviewer arrived on time and well prepared! The interview was approximately 30 minutes long and consisted only of background/personal experience questions (no technical questions). I received a job exactly a week later.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer assumed I researched the company beforehand - which I had. I was asked: What did you learn through your research?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you faced a challenge and explain how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself as a team member?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.