GO-JEK Indonesia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

GO-JEK Indonesia Interview Questions

Updated 15 Sep 2017

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia in May 2017.

Interview

They send you a parking lot problem and ask you to submit a solution within 48 hrs of receiving it. So did I, over the weekend diligently. Absolutely adhered to every single point they mentioned in the question, no violations in my solution.

Never heard from them, checked after a week, got a response that they are still evaluating. After two weeks, still evaluating! After 3 weeks, I didn't care anymore.

I wasted my half of Saturday and half of Sunday for doing that. They didn't even have respect for me. Later I learned from the job consultant that my salary was high and they didn't want to go ahead. That's a horrible way to waste my time and disrespect me.

You dare waste your time after reading this?

Interview Questions

• A so-called parking lot problem which is available on the Internet. Google and check it yourself.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

First round with HR through google hangout to brief about the hiring process and get to know each other. Then given parking lot take home test, proceed to another interview with Singapore Team. 2 Weeks later got an email saying I am not selected with valuable feedback on my code and room for improvement. Very good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between functional programming and OOP   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia.

Interview

I was sent a take home question which i completed in 4 days and sent them.After that i waited 7 days for an answer and finally wrote a follow up mail and got a response stating that they went forward with candidates they interviewed and thanked me for my time.
    I feel this company is highly unprofessional as they clearly didn't even review my code and gave no feed back as to why i was being rejected .

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied here online and after a few days applying, they called me right away, explaining first about what was expected if I landed the job. Within several days, they asked me to come to their office to have a discussion. They were pretty friendly during the whole interview to the point it almost didn't feel like an normal interview. I thought it was going well, but a few days after the interview, they informed me that I wasn't exactly the candidate they were looking for. That's fine.

Interview Questions

• What is my most severe weakness?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Bengaluru) in July 2017.

Interview

We are asked to write the code to solve a business problem they send, which has some guidelines and rules. I am not sure if same is sent to all the candidates, as I see many people talk about it. There are multiple reference on internet for the problem.

Interview Questions

• When I solved the problem and sent across the code - which was implemented in a new programming language, it took over two weeks for HR to reply saying, it is unfortunate and they cannot move forward.
      There was no feedback shared, though the code was written with great care and standards. This allowed me to assume,
      either they did not want to hire an expensive resource,
      or they had no opening for the role,
      or they are just spreading the JOB OPENING stunts,
      I expectedly asked for feedback from the HR and nothing came as reply. I am not sure they ask people to write code for some repository, there is not technical team involved for this process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Bengaluru) in April 2017.

Interview

Was asked to design a parking lot using OOPS and if possible using TDD. The solution had to be submitted over email. After more than a week of submitting the solution got a feedback that the code did not meet the criteria. I can reapply after 6 months.

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Bengaluru) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked to implement a Parking Lot ( Focus is on Best practises, TDD and Design)

After 2 weeks and a follow up , asked to come for on-site interview.

First Round : Code Refactoring / extension on the code. ( again focus is on the OOPS, design principles)

Second Round : Technical Round on Current Project and a problem solving.

They expected for a senior role, and so for my lack of communication skill. I couldn't pass through.

Interview Questions

• Implement a Words Suggestion system as in mobile.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Bengaluru) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter of gojek and he mentioned about solving a problem of writing scalable apis for a car booking App .
    The requirement was quiet huge for a screening process as the timeline to finish the code was given as 7 days. They have mentioned about performance benchmarks too which was i believe an important factor for the assignment. they did not allow to commit to any open source repository and solution should be sent only in mail.
    I spent my 7 days in finishing the project and submitted with perfect results, rather much more better performance factors than they asked for.

After almost 15 -20 days the recruiter sends a very generic statement saying your assessment did not pass the review process. Since i spent my 7 days for a screening round, i requested for a concrete feedback on areas where they found my solution to be not fit,but no reply. Recruiters in Go-jek have not even a single professional courtesy to respond back or give genuine feedback.
    Well, its not only with me, in my friend circle almost 2-3 received same problem and same conditions, and in periodic intervals they received the ditto mail.
    when they are hiring for a senior folk, architect or Lead, they should respect the candidates time too.

Interview Questions

• writing scalable apis for a car booking App   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

First there was a chat with the VP of data science and a data scientist. Then I was asked to complete a tech task, which was very simple. Made it through. Then I was given a research paper and called for interview 2 days later. The questions asked were based on that research paper.

Interview Questions

• About my preferences, some tech questions and mostly what I wrote on my resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia.

Interview

Really simple. They posted the vacancy information on LinkedIn, once I got shortlisted, I was invited for an interview with an HRBP and the user. I was selected -- on boarding started.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all the standard ones. No particular hard questions. They just need to see that kind of self-starter and can-do-anything attitude, with relevant and real experiences exposure.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.