GO-JEK Indonesia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

GO-JEK Indonesia Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jul 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia.

Interview

I was sent a take home question which i completed in 4 days and sent them.After that i waited 7 days for an answer and finally wrote a follow up mail and got a response stating that they went forward with candidates they interviewed and thanked me for my time.
    I feel this company is highly unprofessional as they clearly didn't even review my code and gave no feed back as to why i was being rejected .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Bengaluru) in April 2017.

Interview

Was asked to design a parking lot using OOPS and if possible using TDD. The solution had to be submitted over email. After more than a week of submitting the solution got a feedback that the code did not meet the criteria. I can reapply after 6 months.

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Bengaluru) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked to implement a Parking Lot ( Focus is on Best practises, TDD and Design)

After 2 weeks and a follow up , asked to come for on-site interview.

First Round : Code Refactoring / extension on the code. ( again focus is on the OOPS, design principles)

Second Round : Technical Round on Current Project and a problem solving.

They expected for a senior role, and so for my lack of communication skill. I couldn't pass through.

Interview Questions

• Implement a Words Suggestion system as in mobile.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Bengaluru) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter of gojek and he mentioned about solving a problem of writing scalable apis for a car booking App .
    The requirement was quiet huge for a screening process as the timeline to finish the code was given as 7 days. They have mentioned about performance benchmarks too which was i believe an important factor for the assignment. they did not allow to commit to any open source repository and solution should be sent only in mail.
    I spent my 7 days in finishing the project and submitted with perfect results, rather much more better performance factors than they asked for.

After almost 15 -20 days the recruiter sends a very generic statement saying your assessment did not pass the review process. Since i spent my 7 days for a screening round, i requested for a concrete feedback on areas where they found my solution to be not fit,but no reply. Recruiters in Go-jek have not even a single professional courtesy to respond back or give genuine feedback.
    Well, its not only with me, in my friend circle almost 2-3 received same problem and same conditions, and in periodic intervals they received the ditto mail.
    when they are hiring for a senior folk, architect or Lead, they should respect the candidates time too.

Interview Questions

• writing scalable apis for a car booking App   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

First there was a chat with the VP of data science and a data scientist. Then I was asked to complete a tech task, which was very simple. Made it through. Then I was given a research paper and called for interview 2 days later. The questions asked were based on that research paper.

Interview Questions

• About my preferences, some tech questions and mostly what I wrote on my resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia.

Interview

Really simple. They posted the vacancy information on LinkedIn, once I got shortlisted, I was invited for an interview with an HRBP and the user. I was selected -- on boarding started.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all the standard ones. No particular hard questions. They just need to see that kind of self-starter and can-do-anything attitude, with relevant and real experiences exposure.   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Bengaluru) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process started with a very simple coding problem. After I send the code, within a day I was called in for a code pairing interview. This was followed by two in depth technical interviews and finally I got the offer.

The code pairing round was mainly focussed on all the good coding practices. The technical interview covered a whole lot of different things like distributed systems, algorithms, data structures, system design, OO design, etc.

Interview Questions

• distributed systems, algorithms, data structures, system design, OO design, etc.   Answer Question

Engineering Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Bengaluru) in November 2016.

Interview

Coding round, code pairing and technical interviews. I found this to be one very different interview process I went through compare to other companies. Whether it was problem which was sent something like creating couple of API's for finding the driver or the code pairing. Really one of exciting stuff I did for getting through an interview process.

I had to wait for sometime to get the feedback on my code but was informed by the recruiter though I had to followup once and the wait was worth. I was called for F2F interview and there I had to go through code pairing and technical interviews a kind of whole day process.

I couldn't move beyond code pairing but appreciated the feedback I got from the interviewer and their passion of doing amazing stuff at Go-JEK.

Though the process got over in midway but recruiter had informed about the process during previous discussions. I was told that I can reapply after 6 months therefore looking forward for those 6 months.

Only feedback for them is that they should decide on candidates after doing all interviews as many people may not follow the practise they follow and I felt those things can be learnt by smart people in few weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia (Bengaluru) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round was an assignment to design and code for a parking lot.
    Before the interview I used to get call everyday to attend the interview, but after the interview I did not get any call for feedback. Long after two weeks I got the response.
    The problem given was very subjective, I don't think that gives any clue to the candidate about his performance and what he had done wrong.

Interview Questions

• Design a parking lot and code it using OOPs best practices.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO-JEK Indonesia in November 2016.

Interview

Ask a design problem which I submitted completely . After that never got an reply . The hr guy was worst professional ever . I was contacted by a recruitment agency and then I got interview question on my email which I have mentioned below .

Interview Questions

• I own a multi­storey parking lot that can hold up to 'n' cars at any given point in time. Each slot is given a number starting at 1 increasing with increasing distance from the entry point in steps of one. I want to create an automated ticketing system that allows my customers to use my parking lot without human intervention.
      When a car enters my parking lot, I want to have a ticket issued to the driver. The ticket issuing process includes us documenting the registration number (number plate) and the colour of the car and allocating an available parking slot to the car before actually handing over a ticket to the driver (we assume that our customers are nice enough to always park in the slots allocated to them). The customer should be allocated a parking slot which is nearest to the entry. At the exit the customer returns the ticket which then marks the slot they were using as being available.
      Due to government regulation, the system should provide me with the ability to find out: a) Registration numbers of all cars of a particular colour.
      b) Slot number in which a car with a given registration number is parked.
      c) Slot numbers of all slots where a car of a particular colour is parked.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.