GO-JEK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

GO-JEK Interview Questions

Updated 17 Aug 2018

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GO-JEK in May 2017.

Interview

They send you a parking lot problem and ask you to submit a solution within 48 hrs of receiving it. So did I, over the weekend diligently. Absolutely adhered to every single point they mentioned in the question, no violations in my solution.

Never heard from them, checked after a week, got a response that they are still evaluating. After two weeks, still evaluating! After 3 weeks, I didn't care anymore.

I wasted my half of Saturday and half of Sunday for doing that. They didn't even have respect for me. Later I learned from the job consultant that my salary was high and they didn't want to go ahead. That's a horrible way to waste my time and disrespect me.

You dare waste your time after reading this?

Interview Questions

• A so-called parking lot problem which is available on the Internet. Google and check it yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Bengaluru) in April 2017.

Interview

Was asked to design a parking lot using OOPS and if possible using TDD. The solution had to be submitted over email. After more than a week of submitting the solution got a feedback that the code did not meet the criteria. I can reapply after 6 months.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

First round with HR through google hangout to brief about the hiring process and get to know each other. Then given parking lot take home test, proceed to another interview with Singapore Team. 2 Weeks later got an email saying I am not selected with valuable feedback on my code and room for improvement. Very good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between functional programming and OOP   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO-JEK.

Interview

That task is a parking lot problem. You will find full problem posted by another reviewer. The problem is not hard to solve. If they like your solution, they will call for another round which is peer programming round.

Interview Questions

• Extend parking lot problem. The parking system should automatically assign free parking lot from the available multiple parking lots.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Bengaluru) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter of gojek and he mentioned about solving a problem of writing scalable apis for a car booking App .
    The requirement was quiet huge for a screening process as the timeline to finish the code was given as 7 days. They have mentioned about performance benchmarks too which was i believe an important factor for the assignment. they did not allow to commit to any open source repository and solution should be sent only in mail.
    I spent my 7 days in finishing the project and submitted with perfect results, rather much more better performance factors than they asked for.

After almost 15 -20 days the recruiter sends a very generic statement saying your assessment did not pass the review process. Since i spent my 7 days for a screening round, i requested for a concrete feedback on areas where they found my solution to be not fit,but no reply. Recruiters in Go-jek have not even a single professional courtesy to respond back or give genuine feedback.
    Well, its not only with me, in my friend circle almost 2-3 received same problem and same conditions, and in periodic intervals they received the ditto mail.
    when they are hiring for a senior folk, architect or Lead, they should respect the candidates time too.

Interview Questions

• writing scalable apis for a car booking App   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Bengaluru) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round was an assignment to design and code for a parking lot.
    Before the interview I used to get call everyday to attend the interview, but after the interview I did not get any call for feedback. Long after two weeks I got the response.
    The problem given was very subjective, I don't think that gives any clue to the candidate about his performance and what he had done wrong.

Interview Questions

• Design a parking lot and code it using OOPs best practices.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh) in November 2017.

Interview

First Round was a MCQ round of 30 Questions related to Algorithms,OS,CN,DBMS,Data Structures and Aptitude.
    Next Round was Personal Interview based on the Resume.
    It was farily easy.With not very tough questions as it was for internship.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GO-JEK.

Interview

Really simple. They posted the vacancy information on LinkedIn, once I got shortlisted, I was invited for an interview with an HRBP and the user. I was selected -- on boarding started.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all the standard ones. No particular hard questions. They just need to see that kind of self-starter and can-do-anything attitude, with relevant and real experiences exposure.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GO-JEK (New Delhi) in August 2017.

Interview

Its intended to be good but they ask salary during the interview and that too any engineer can ask about the salary. Doesn't seem that this is confidential there. They give a question to be solved and they don't konw how to send the feedback to the candidate. HR doesn't respond properly. I can challenge that if they could find any bug in the code which I submitted.

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Bengaluru) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked to implement a Parking Lot ( Focus is on Best practises, TDD and Design)

After 2 weeks and a follow up , asked to come for on-site interview.

First Round : Code Refactoring / extension on the code. ( again focus is on the OOPS, design principles)

Second Round : Technical Round on Current Project and a problem solving.

They expected for a senior role, and so for my lack of communication skill. I couldn't pass through.

Interview Questions

• Implement a Words Suggestion system as in mobile.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.