GO-JEK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 23 Mar 2019

2.8

Sort:

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GO-JEK in May 2017.

Interview

They send you a parking lot problem and ask you to submit a solution within 48 hrs of receiving it. So did I, over the weekend diligently. Absolutely adhered to every single point they mentioned in the question, no violations in my solution.

Never heard from them, checked after a week, got a response that they are still evaluating. After two weeks, still evaluating! After 3 weeks, I didn't care anymore.

I wasted my half of Saturday and half of Sunday for doing that. They didn't even have respect for me. Later I learned from the job consultant that my salary was high and they didn't want to go ahead. That's a horrible way to waste my time and disrespect me.

You dare waste your time after reading this?

Interview Questions

• A so-called parking lot problem which is available on the Internet. Google and check it yourself.   1 Answer

Mobile Developer Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GO-JEK.

Interview

Really one of the worst interview experiences.

I spent close to 10 days to complete the assignment. Initially they will say you have 2 days to complete the assignment(though the time can be extended). But saying 2 days for that large assignment made me nervous about the culture of the company.

And on top of that, they will say we will get back in 7-10 days. What kind of attitude is that that you can take your liberty of time on someone's hard work towards the assignment and on top of that you say if you could finish it within 2 days that would be great.

Whether you are intending or not, Interview process is the only way people can understand your culture.
    If the process is bad, best people in industry wont think about joining your company as they can easily get other offers.

And the interview question for backend engineers(car parking lot) has not evolved over the years. Thats another sign for me that they dont want to improve things. And moreover I believe they try to mimic the Thoughtworks interview process as many of the guys from the leadership team have come from Thoughtworks. So I see less opportunity for being multi-cultural.

And finally, the feed back I got was not so satisfying.
    And one good example is, it was mentioned that I didn't have validation on certain input fields like email, But the poor reviewer didn't know that their backend service has the validation which any client simple see in the response and render the error on the UI. The poor guy didn't try entering invalid data I guess. He just saw the code and came to conclusion if I am not wrong.
    Couple of others like, readme was missing in the git. It may be my fault but given the size of the project I couldn't think of that.

Interview Questions

• Asked to submit an app which is very large in size.   1 Answer

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GO-JEK (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Unprofessional time scheduling and reply. Waste of time for doing assignment (3days) and 2 hour on-site interview end up 30mint finish and said that my time conflict with another candidate ask me to wait for another email. Feel very disappointed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO-JEK in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process consisted phone screening followed by take away test. After submitting test, I was invited for technical interview over Skype. Interview went well (what I thought) but got rejected stating "I don't fit in the role they are looking for".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Set up a screening call with the department CTO. Talked 30 mins and told me that he'll forward me to the next process. Never heard from the company again. waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2018.

Interview

I had initial skype round with the CTO which went well. Then got a coding assignment which took a solid 3 days. Then they had another technical skype round for 45 mins. Didn't hear from them again. Total waste of time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Bengaluru) in April 2017.

Interview

Was asked to design a parking lot using OOPS and if possible using TDD. The solution had to be submitted over email. After more than a week of submitting the solution got a feedback that the code did not meet the criteria. I can reapply after 6 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

First round with HR through google hangout to brief about the hiring process and get to know each other. Then given parking lot take home test, proceed to another interview with Singapore Team. 2 Weeks later got an email saying I am not selected with valuable feedback on my code and room for improvement. Very good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between functional programming and OOP   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO-JEK.

Interview

That task is a parking lot problem. You will find full problem posted by another reviewer. The problem is not hard to solve. If they like your solution, they will call for another round which is peer programming round.

Interview Questions

• Extend parking lot problem. The parking system should automatically assign free parking lot from the available multiple parking lots.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Bengaluru) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter of gojek and he mentioned about solving a problem of writing scalable apis for a car booking App .
    The requirement was quiet huge for a screening process as the timeline to finish the code was given as 7 days. They have mentioned about performance benchmarks too which was i believe an important factor for the assignment. they did not allow to commit to any open source repository and solution should be sent only in mail.
    I spent my 7 days in finishing the project and submitted with perfect results, rather much more better performance factors than they asked for.

After almost 15 -20 days the recruiter sends a very generic statement saying your assessment did not pass the review process. Since i spent my 7 days for a screening round, i requested for a concrete feedback on areas where they found my solution to be not fit,but no reply. Recruiters in Go-jek have not even a single professional courtesy to respond back or give genuine feedback.
    Well, its not only with me, in my friend circle almost 2-3 received same problem and same conditions, and in periodic intervals they received the ditto mail.
    when they are hiring for a senior folk, architect or Lead, they should respect the candidates time too.

Interview Questions

• writing scalable apis for a car booking App   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.