GO-JEK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

GO-JEK Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr 2018

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GO-JEK in May 2017.

Interview

They send you a parking lot problem and ask you to submit a solution within 48 hrs of receiving it. So did I, over the weekend diligently. Absolutely adhered to every single point they mentioned in the question, no violations in my solution.

Never heard from them, checked after a week, got a response that they are still evaluating. After two weeks, still evaluating! After 3 weeks, I didn't care anymore.

I wasted my half of Saturday and half of Sunday for doing that. They didn't even have respect for me. Later I learned from the job consultant that my salary was high and they didn't want to go ahead. That's a horrible way to waste my time and disrespect me.

You dare waste your time after reading this?

Interview Questions

• A so-called parking lot problem which is available on the Internet. Google and check it yourself.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Set up a screening call with the department CTO. Talked 30 mins and told me that he'll forward me to the next process. Never heard from the company again. waste of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO-JEK in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process consisted phone screening followed by take away test. After submitting test, I was invited for technical interview over Skype. Interview went well (what I thought) but got rejected stating "I don't fit in the role they are looking for".

Full Stack Developer Interview

Interview

You have to solve the parking lot problem. You will be called for interview if your code is selected. Don't waste your time solving this as you will never get through. I could see from the reviews that no one got selected. I should have checked the reviews before wasting my time solving the parking lot problem.

Interview Questions

• Don't even bother solving the parking lot problem. I don't think this company has even hired 1 person in the past couple of years. A bunch of jokers who ask questions irrelevant to the position you apply for.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2018.

Interview

The first round of interview was a Skype discussion with the hiring manager. He was asking general questions on the tech stack I've used in my applications and team management related questions. Later they sent a programming assignment, which had to be completed in 5 days time. I did complete the assignment with the required performance criteria and in fact did a few things that were not asked as well. Once I sent the assignment back to them, never heard back from their HR team. I tried following up 2-3 times via email, but no response from their HR. 3 weeks later, I came to know from the recruiting agency that they've rejected my application. No reasons given. I felt it was very unprofessional of them to make someone spend a week to build an application for them and then not even respond(Even if it is a rejection). They should respect the amount of time the candidate spent on implementing the assignment and at least respond saying they're not proceeding any further.

Interview Questions

• Build a REST API to find cab drivers within a given radius of the current user.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GO-JEK.

Interview

That task is a parking lot problem. You will find full problem posted by another reviewer. The problem is not hard to solve. If they like your solution, they will call for another round which is peer programming round.

Interview Questions

• Extend parking lot problem. The parking system should automatically assign free parking lot from the available multiple parking lots.   1 Answer

Growth Hack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in December 2017.

Interview

Straight to the department by sending an email, the initial jobs for national growth was not available. Offered to the same growth department in a smaller scope. Replied by the Head of Business Intelligence herself

Interview Questions

• Got referred by a friend,
      They will give you set of questions in Excel
      1) Showing table of growth number from sign ups to active users, tell them the problems
      2) Data of all transactions and make summary out of it, make visualizations as well, plan what to do
      3) Data and ask to write SQL queries
      4) Interview questions
      5) A/ B testing, show the best campaigns and its price   Answer Question

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh) in November 2017.

Interview

Go-Jek Engineering visited our campus in the month of November 2017. The process comprised of the following three rounds
    1. Tech Aptitude round, which was a pen and paper test.
    2. Machine Coding Round.
    3. Face to Face Interview Process.

The Tech Aptitude round comprised of 25 MCQs which were based on Data Structures, Algorithms and Mathematics. A time period of 45 mins was allocated to solve the pen and paper round. The results came out in an hour and around 20 students were shortlisted for the next Machine Coding Round, including me.

The Machine Coding round comprised of a simple problem which a bot navigation problem. You are provided with a string comprising of instructions given to the bot. You are required to navigate the bot in the grid and print the co-ordinates of each bot. The problem was indeed a simple one which comprised of only basic if-else and mathematical logics. Each student was assigned a mentor from the GoJek team who would moniter the progress and clarify doubts, if any. The problem being simple was solved by majority in an hour's time, but here came the trick. The team then adviced each one of us to convert the whole program into classes, objects,modules using OOPS principles. I had familiarity with java so I was able to form the OOPS solution to the problem. The round lasted till 12 midnight suprisingly, and the results were making us anxious.
    The results came out at around 1 in the night and 10 students were shortlisted for the final interview round, and I was happy to know I was one of them.

The final round was a Face to Face interview. My round began with my projects in the resume. I had done a summer internship recently that time in Natural Language Processing. Questions were regarding python, the code structure I followed in python, OOPs in python, and the internal working of the python package I had used. There was a question targetted towards topic modelling in python, but as I was unfamiliar with it I denied about any knowledge of it. The next question was regarding MongoDB vs MySQL and NodeJS as I had done a project on it. The next set of Questions were on Operating Systems. I was aked to explain deadlock to a layman , and how would I resolve it. Then, I was asked about my hobbies. I replied watching movies. I was asked to design a Ticket booking System using OOPS. There was a discussion on the approaches I suggested. There were discussions on the kind of data structures I would use in seat allocation. The discussion was indeed rigourous. Then they enquired about my optional subjects I had undertaken in my M.Tech. There were few qustions on Mobile Computing, few on networking. The panel seemed satisfied with my overall interview and said that they were done from their side and were open to any questions that I had. I asked them 2 questions, one was regarding how is their table able to manage and integrate 17 diiferent services written in different languages, and the second was reagrding their work in data science domain, as I had an interset there too.

Interview Questions

• Explain Deadlock to a person with a non-CS/IT background example your mother and father.   Answer Question
    • Draw out a comparison between MySQL and MongoDB   Answer Question
    • Design a Movie Ticket Booking System using OOPS.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh) in November 2017.

Interview

First Round was a MCQ round of 30 Questions related to Algorithms,OS,CN,DBMS,Data Structures and Aptitude.
    Next Round was Personal Interview based on the Resume.
    It was farily easy.With not very tough questions as it was for internship.

Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GO-JEK (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was fast and very relaxed. They asked my personal life and previous work experiences. They also tried to explain company's culture. They also wanted to know how I face other people. Because the job will require me to face a lot of people and try to teach them how to manage their skills.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.