GSA Capital Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 7 Dec 2018

3.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I think the interview process varies somewhat but in my case it was 2 phone interviews and then an 3 hour on-site interview. In general the interviews were quite challenging but they were still very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Given an arithmetic expression in a string format (e.g. "(2*3)+((1+2)*7)") create a function that evaluates the expression, taking operator precedence into account, and returns the result as an integer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GSA Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I discovered only after my interview that they do not reimburse travel for first interviews. I mostly blame the recruiter for not telling me, but I still feel this is unnecessarily stingy on the company's part.

The interview itself was fairly pleasant, composed of 3 hour long interviews which broadly focused on algorithms, some mathematics, and a little advanced functional programming.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of desired changes in foreign currency holdings, and exchange prices, work out the cheapest set of trades   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was interviewed 7 times in total across two separate visits. They also asked me to complete a (untimed, and relatively short) programming exercise in my own time. All of the interviewers were friendly, interesting, and came across as very intelligent. They were all actively interested in and working with, new technologies. Overall I got the impression that the people at GSA were pretty great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Sent my CV through a recruiter and arranged an on-site interview. The interview was 3 hours long and mostly technical, with a separate interviewer each hour. All interviewers were really friendly and seemed to be quite intelligent.

Interview Questions

• Question on heap vs stack memory and analysis of code causing a stack overflow.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Started with 3 on site 1-1 interviews. All of them were half focused on coding (java mainly) and other half on Maths (linear programming, probabilities, mathematical induction...)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

I had a first round interview by telephone and I wasn't too sure what to expect after reading the negative feedback on this site. The interviewer on the other side of the phone was very professional and friendly so ended up having a productive two-way conversation. I got to find out about the company, how it operates and the interviewer took an interest in the software I have built.

I was too hesitant so I wasn't asked for further interviewers however I got a good impression of its people as they seem to have the top 1% of developers working there.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GSA Capital.

Interview

9 interviews - some technical, some culture fit, and coding practical. questions on algorithms, coding, basic functional programming, computer science fundamentals, object oriented design. quick response and hiring decision, pleasant interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied for the A-Tech team which does development more on the operations side of things. I was given a coding exercise where I had to build an application from scratch that fulfilled a given specification. The exercise went well, so I was invited to an on-site interview.

I was very nervous having heard about how difficult the interview process is at GSA Capital but the interviewers were very friendly and made me feel at ease. All the interviews were 1 on 1 and I ended up really enjoying solving the problems they were giving me on the whiteboard. I got the sense that GSA was a great place to work at.

The challenges were based around Garbage Collection, a particular .NET data structure and its internal workings, a system design task, and a mathematical/logic puzzle.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a Dictionary class like the one in .NET?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.