Gartner Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Gartner

1,437 Interview Reviews

3.3

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter
    Video interview with a sr recruiter
    Phone interview with two sr managers
    In person panel interview with two sr managers

All of which asked behavioral based questions. The final interview was a mock phone call.

IT Rotational Interview

Interview

I applied for this through my university during October 2019. The first round was a phone screen with an HR manager who mostly asked behavioral questions and sent a questionaire to be filled out by email. Some time later, another HR representative did another phone screen with very similar questions before telling me they would fly me in for an onsite interview in Conneticut. At the onsite, there is a technical test on paper that has a variety of questions relating to coding, statistics, machine learning, and SQL. The questions themselves are not too hard and the different categories are used more to gauge what you have learned from other fields. Following the written test were 3 rounds of interviews with different pairs of managers/employees. They mostly asked behavioral type questions meant to see how you work on projects and your potential team dynamic. Once the interviews were done, they provided lunch as well. Overall, the process up to this point was very positive and friendly. After a few weeks of receiving no feedback despite being told that results would be sent the following week from the onsite interview, I notified them that I had another job offer I was holding off on in anticipation for Gartner's response. I received absolutely no communication from the HR manager I had been speaking with and was completely ghosted by Gartner from that point on until they finally sent a rejection letter almost 2 months after the onsite interview. It was a big waste of time near the end with them communicating very poorly which somewhat stifled the other positive aspects of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about some of the projects you've worked on?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Very professional and straight forward interview process. I was very impressed with my recruiter and how quickly she responded to any questions I had. I definitely recommend interviewing with them if given the chance.

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (Irving, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Phone screening and phone interview with same recruiter. Regular screening phone call at the end of it she invited me for an hour long phone interview and role play. Most of the time she just talk about how great the company is, then some regular behavioral questions and a role play. In the role play she gave me feedback after we finished. Just make sure to keep asking more discovery questions. Some general notes, the recruiter in her emails kept using a wrong name not mine, looks like she just copy and paste her emails. All the invitations for the calls were sent just 30 mins prior to the call. She sent me a webex invitation with no webex link :)

Product Client Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in February 2020.

Interview

I hadn't applied to this specific position or the company; Gartner reached out to me through my university recruiting.

Initial phone screen was mainly behavioral questions where they are trying to see how you would fit in their company. The week after was a second round, also phone interview. This went on longer and was more focused on how Gartner works, what I knew about it, and even more STAR questions related to my experience.

Got rejection one day after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you approach leadership and/or work with leaders in past experience?   Answer Question
    • How have you used data analytics to impact business value?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about how Gartner works?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

Interview

It consisted of 3 phone interviews and another in-person interview. The phone interviews were mostly behavioral question. The in-person interview, I have not had yet. Prep for the behavioral interviews should put you in a good position to kill the in-person one as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you received feedback and what did you do with it.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Two rounds taking about 3 weeks. First round was a 1-hour video interview consisting of roughly 30 minutes behavioral and 30 minutes case (the order of these varies). Overall positive and friendly in nature. Was invited to a Super Day about a week later and attended two weeks from intial interview. Super Day began with live-case format, where you would have ~30 mins to read a packet of case information and develop recommendations prior to presenting verbally to two consultants. Two behavioral interviews followed and asked about my interest in the firm, past, etc. Standard behavioral questions.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

During the interview process they will go through a series of introductory questions that aim to discover who you are professionally, what you know about Gartner as a company, and why you are interested in working there.

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in January 2020.

Interview

3 phases 1 screen call, second behavioral call and 2 in person interviews. The process was pretty smooth with a strong emphasis on using the STAR method. Very kind HR people

Interview Questions

• Name a specific instance in which you influenced the decision of a manager, professor or leader.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

The first round of interviews was a phone call to establish your credibility and interest in sales at Gartner. They ask about your knowledge of the company, your skill set, and your experience in the field.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.