Gate Gourmet Flight Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Gate Gourmet Flight Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Gate Gourmet

1.5

Flight Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview

The process took a month and a half. I sent my application online on July they called me the next day about an automated phone screening and i got a call for a in person interview 3 weeks later. I went in for a tour and interview and they asked me to come back few days later for another interview with another person. After the interview they told me to wait a week for the result. After two weeks i got a call saying they had picked another person for the position.

They will tell you that you are what they are looking for but don't get your hopes up.

They are not punctual with their time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gate Gourmet

Flight Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring mgr was disorganized. Waited nearly an hour for her to appear. Then, we all had a facility tour. Waited again after the tour. The whole interview took nearly two hours just for short 15 min interview. Not worth to get this job.

Flight Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called by a separate person to set up the interview and received three emails proceeding the phone call, confirming my interview. The email gave no details about parking or where the main entrance was. I came early and had to ask a parking attendant at the garage where to park and he showed me. I wandered around the building and finally found the entrance. A fellow interviewee happened to show up while I was waiting and we conversed and found we had the same interviewer and time slot. The interviewer happened to be by the security entrance and asked if she could help us. We proceeded to tell her we had an interview with so and so at 10:30. she said oh thats me but its only 10:10 and I'm not ready for you, with attitude I might add. She finally came to meet us and asked if we were together and we explained we both had interviews with her at the same time. Her response as I don't do two interviews at once you must have it wrong and to check our emails. We both double checked and confirmed and she gave us a blank stare and offered nothing. Finally, the other gentleman offered to interview second and she gave an aggravated answer of I do not have any time to interview after and finally asked if we could be interviewed together, which we agreed. She led us to her office and proceeded to ask a few questions, gave us the details of the position and never mentioned anything positive about the job. When the other gentleman had a hard time understanding the question she just just gave an exacerbated look and repeated her question with irritation in her voice. There was not one positive aspect of the interview and I cannot believe they would allow someone like her to represent the company. I left that interview truly disgusted by her actions and rudeness.

Interview Questions

• What was a stressful situation you had to handle and how did you do it?
      What are two characteristics to describe you?   Answer Question

I couldn't imagine working for a company that she represented. The pay was laughable, the negatives outweighed any positives, horribly disorganized.

Flight Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and the following day took an automated phone screen with very basic easy questions. Two weeks later had an in person interview with human resources. Upon arrival they were surprised I came in because of the ice storm that day but this showed I was determined to get the job. During the interview, the recruiter said I was qualified and very surprised that I have been on a plane. I asked what did they mean and it's not uncommon for people to work at this company that have never been on an airplane (In my head I was thinking "I don't know about you but that is a major airport security issue!") You should always want people that are going into aviation to know the field. When I left the interview the human resources said I was a perfect fit and should be expecting a second interview with the hiring manager.

Two days later, I received an email saying that I was not qualified for the job. I met all the requirements and a pilot which is a bonus to better understand what the customer wants on there airline. I sent a follow up email to human resources and they said we will give you a call later today to discuss, well this didn't happen.

After talking to my connections in the airlines, it seems Gate Gourmet wants uneducated personal to work 24/7. If you have a college education and know anything about aviation, they don't want you.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been on an airplane?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any upcoming conflicts for days off in the next year?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.