General Motors (GM) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

General Motors (GM) Interview Questions

Interviews at General Motors (GM)

1,599 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online then received hirevue link within 24 hrs. Format is 5 star questions, then 3 brain puzzle games. You have 48 hours to complete the process and the interview take 45 mins.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

The inteview was for a summer internship. You are given five set of star questions that you will have to record yourself with Hirevue. You will be given two attempts for each question with approximately 1 minute preparation time and 2-3 minutes talking.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

They had me apply on the company website and answer a lot of questions related to what I already had on my resume. Then I was contacted and asked to take a online interview through Hirevue.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

The process started with a HireVue digital interview with some behavioral questions and cognitive abilities. This was followed by a short phone screen, and I am currently waiting for a response for a Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a HireVue interview. In the first round I was asked general questions, like name an accomplishment or a problem you overcame.

The second round was also a HireVue that was a coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• Q: Given an array that repeats, "40, 40, 40, 50, 50, 60, 75, 75, 75, 75" you have to count the number of repeats and output something like this: "3, 40, 2, 50, 1, 60, 4, 75"   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

They used a video-recording platform with some basic brain games, and then moved on to a video interview with three engineers, who told me their requisitions were for candidates during a time frame during which I wasn't available

Interview Questions

• How have you resolved an issue at your workplace?
      What project are you the most proud of?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

I initially did a HireVue, which are 3-4 behavioral questions that you have 2 attempts to complete, along with 3 cognitive games. After that I had a 10-15 minute phone screen where I was asked more questions about why I wanted the particular internship. After that I set up a skype interview where it was an hour long with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied through school jobs website, was sent a hirevue STAR question "interview" where you record yourself answering questions and a coding interview which was not too bad. A couple weeks later I was contacted to have a screening phone call to see my interests and set up the final interview. The final interview was two interviews with two different people asking STAR questions. Surprisingly no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to do something unpopular when working in a group setting?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Interview

Submitted resume, got a HireVue interview request in 24 hours, and received a rejection email within the week. I suppose it is a streamlined process. I never once spoke or emailed with a human. However, it's good practice for a real interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... 5 Questions. No chance for "tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Two part interview process where the first part consisted of answering multiple STAR type questions about handling certain situations or past experiences, along with a second coding portion. Very easy to follow and ample time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to overcome conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.