General Motors (GM) Interview Questions

Updated 10 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,974 of over 2.0K interviews

Interviews at General Motors (GM)

Positive68%
Recruiter8%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

General Motors (GM)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM)

Interview

Applied online. HR reached out for initial phone screening. Got a HireVue (video recorded interview scheduled). After passing the HireVue round, a panel interview was scheduled. It took around 1.5 weeks but the HR finally extended and offer. Overall great experience working with HR and Hiring Managers through the interview process. The panel interview itself was challenging. All questions (HireVue & panel interview) were to be responded in a STAR based manner.

Interview Questions
  • (HireVue) Describe a time when you worked on a controversial design issue. What role did you play? What was the outcome?
    Answer Question
  • (HireVue) Describe a time when you/your team were about to miss (or did miss) a deliverable to the program team. What creative things did you do to recover? What role did you play? What was the outcome?
  • (HireVue) Describe a time when you were proactive in a situation and your efforts resulted in an positive outcome for the assignment/project.
  • Describe a time when you had to solve a issue by building a relationship in a tough situation?
  • Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision. What was the outcome of that decision?
  • Tell us about a time when you accepted your mistake.
  • Tell us about a time when a something went wrong with a design issue. What did you do?
  • Describe a time when you solved an issue by a collaborative effort.
  • Describe a time when you had to resolve a safety related issue.
  • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an issue that caused confusion amongst the team. What was your role?
11 people found this interview helpful

General Motors (GM)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Motors (GM)

Interview

Recruiter reached out. Asked for HireVue assessment. Recruiter never replied after I completed HireVue assessment. This is very frustrating. I have spent time for this interview. Recruiter should at least let me know the outcome out of professional courtesy. A company like GM should should not have this kind of standard for their recruiting process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

General Motors (GM)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM)

Interview

There was a short video interview section with personal experience questions, such as what would you do questions, along with an IQ test that testing memory, arithmetic and spacial proficiency.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you noticed someone on your team wasn't doing their fair share?

General Motors (GM)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM)

Interview

They use a virtual hiring site called HireVue where they ask you four questions which could have been asked by the recruiter. Not a single question had anything to do with the position and only one question was near the company.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience in automotive or manufacturing? How do you handle a difficult team mate?

General Motors (GM)

Application

I interviewed at General Motors (GM)

Interview

The interview consisted of games for testing reaction time and answering questions to a webcam. This provided a chance to show off skills and knowledge. The questions were pertained to the position that was applied for.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time that you were presented with a difficult situation and how did you handle it.

General Motors (GM)

Application

I interviewed at General Motors (GM)

Interview

Pretty standard STAR process and a little about yourself to make sure you fit in the org with the team and will work well with others. Flew me down for interview about an hour long not stressful at all

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that"""" standard behavioral questions. Not many technical this comes from your education and is assumed
  • Tell me about a time that"""" standard behavioral questions.Not many technical this comes from your education and is assumed

General Motors (GM)

Application

I interviewed at General Motors (GM)

Interview

Asked a few basic questions, mostly about past projects. Logic test in the end in the form of games. The entire interview is done online using HireVue, which was somewhat buggy for me.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you had an issue while working on a project and how you solved it.

General Motors (GM)

Application

I interviewed at General Motors (GM)

Interview

1) HireVue (5 questions, can retry once after each question) 2) CodeVue (2 questions/LC easy/30 mins per question) 3) Phone Screen with IT Manager (1 hour with each interviewer) 4) 2hr Skype Interview (Behavioral)

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to convince someone with data/logic.
34 people found this interview helpful

General Motors (GM)

Application

I interviewed at General Motors (GM)

Interview

Three managers interviewed me at the same time. This was not typical, but it saved me from repeating many answers. The interviewers were more sympathetic because they knew it was intimidating.

Interview Questions
  • After describing a successful team project, I was asked, what specifically did you do to lead to the success.

General Motors (GM)

Application

I interviewed at General Motors (GM)

Interview

Unfortunately the interviewer appeared to be a little rude, but the second interviewer was much nicer. The first interview person was very focused on school projects and experiences. My word of advice is to prepare thoroughly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,974 Interviews