General Motors (GM) Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor.co.in

General Motors (GM) Interview Questions in United States

Interviews at General Motors (GM)

1,272 Interview Reviews

2.7

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was sent a HireVue link which consisted of 5 video questions and some brain games. More in depth than expected but it was pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond the call of duty (or something along those lines).   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

First online Hirevue interview, then 2 hr Skype video call with team members. all STAR and project based questions. Entire process took around 3 months. Offer given 2 days after final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you had to convince someone.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Met with a recruiter at the campus career fair, got invited to an in-person interview on my campus, then had a phone interview. The whole process took less than a week.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

1) Application Online
    2) Programming Assessment
    3) Phone Screening
    4) Final 2 Hour Interview
    I initially thought I botched the programming assessment but they let me into the final interview section after telling me in step 3 the last interview would only happen on evaluation of the first three steps. Great interviewers, very nice people. I got a call for an offer the day after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Software Development Lifecycle and your experience with it.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Internship Interview

Interview

The interview was virtual and through HireVue. I first applied online through their website, received a HireVue invitation, and completed the recorded interview. Then, I received a phone screening call.

Interview Questions

Interview

(Covid-19): a few behavioral questions with HireVue, then a technical coding challenge, then a phone screen, then a final Skype interview. Process was stretched out over 2 to 3 months.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to convince someone or a group of people using data or logic?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM) (Warren, MI (US)).

Interview

Interview process is fairly straightforward and easy but a little slow. If they like your resume:
    1. You'll get an invite to Hirevue round for recording 5 generic STAR questions and play 3 IQ based games. If you prepare well for STAR and are alert in the games you should do well.
    2. Coding Round - Hirevue invite for a coding round. Multiple languages to choose from. If you know any one programming language you should do fine here. Very easy.
    3. Phone Screening - Touch base with one of their manager who would set you up for an interview based on your interest and skills and their needs.
    4. Final Interview - 2 1hr interviews. They've 3 main STAR questions which would be followed up with technical questions based on what you answer. Know your projects on the resume well and you should be fine.
    After a week received a verbal offer and told that will receive offer late in coming weeks.

Interview Questions

• What project/mission did you work very hard on?
      If you had a chance to do Project XYZ now, what changes would you make?   Answer Question

Interview

It was a self recording Hirevue Inteview. Typical STAR format questions. The questions overlapped. Out of 4,5 questions, 3 of them were essentially asking about what challenges you faced and how you overcame. After 4,5 STAR questions, you have to take a short assessment similar to IQ test.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (GM).

Interview

Had an online interview with hirevue. The interview contained 2 coding questions, and a behavioral question that was a video response. The interview had to be completed 48 hours after being sent.

Interview Questions

Interview

online test. then, easy, online interview then over the phone interview w no video on since they use skype. offer came around 2 weeks later then 2 weeks to respond. it is a great process that goes very quickly

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.