GetYourGuide Interview Questions in Berlin | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at GetYourGuide

3.1

employer branding workingstudent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GetYourGuide (Berlin (Germany)) in March 2020.

Interview

The Interview went really nice , the interviewer was very calm and friendly and not so judgemental at the first place. He asked me about my career aspirations , what should i expect from the job .

Interview Questions

• How is this position helpful to you to achieve your career goals , what are your expectations of working in this comapny, what are your best skills and how you demonstrated it , what are the skills that are reuired to do this particular job   1 Answer

Inbound & Performance Marketing Manager B2B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GetYourGuide (Berlin (Germany)) in March 2020.

Interview

The company tries to be very thorough in hiring processes in order to hire the right people, but, unfortunately, I think they over complicated it and didn't communicate it effectively to the staff involved, missed some essential user experience considerations. I got to the second-last stage and I left each stage feeling very frustrated at the company and with the impression that I wouldn't enjoy working there.

This is the only company where I've experienced a 6 stage interview process (for a mid level position) , as well as prep calls with HR before each stage and follow up calls after each, thus feeling like 18 stages. On top of this the calls and interviews were only ever confirmed over email, no calendar invite, which seemed clunky and was difficult to manage. Also, communication internally between stages seemed poor. The second round call time was changed, then the interviewer was changed 30 mins beforehand and it was obvious he didn't prepare as he was trying to ask me long term case study strategy questions with only 10 minutes remaining as if he was trying to complete the entire hiring process in 1 hour.

Stages: 1. screening call with HR, 2. Short marketing hard skills interview with team lead, 3. Practical test, 4. Cultural fit interview with a peer/teammate, 5. Hard skills interview and presentation of practical test with hiring manager and one other, 6. Executive interview with head of department or C level.

Interview Questions

• Asked to present a practical task which was the entire cross channel marketing strategy for a newly created position, the job description and experience only called for one channel of experience.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GetYourGuide (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

Everything went fine. I passed all the technical tests and they gave me good technical feedback then at the end they said I had humility and communication problems.

This company is just flat-out problematic and racist. I never spoke for longer than 1-2minutes and when asked complex questions like walk me through your work history, or give your architecture for getyourguide, of course these are going to be thorough answers.

This is probably the only time in my life where an interview has said I gave too much detail. The story keeps changing on my feedback.

Furthermore, they asked for product and architecture ideas about their own product, seemingly for free labor. Engineers that had only worked for 1-2 years were interviewing me who had worked for six. They were offended by asking for questions as to how much runway they had.

The process took an incredible amount of time, with a 3h coding exam, a 4h interview, and then a 6h onsite. The office is cold, has no snacks, and is barren and in an annoying part of town.

People mispronounced my name, ignored entire documents (which they asked me to write). It was awful, and it was difficult to keep up moral. Yet they claim to be a diverse company.

It's just a copy of AirBnB experiences with worse front-end performance and arrogant people.

Also, the technical exams were so easy. It's a personal fit question that is *extremely* problematic -- they don't want autonomous people, they want people who follow orders.

Don't work here if you want a life or to be respected, because your time and value is not respected by the recruiters. There's also no work from home policy which is mind-boggling for a software position.

Interview Questions

• What should get your guide implement?
      Write an architecture for get your guide?
      Make a node app and React.js showing get your guide from scratch.

The coding interview is just react tests.   Answer Question

Senior Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GetYourGuide (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied for the position getting in touch via email afterwards. I scheduled an interview with an in-house recruiter with 9 days in advance as it was the earliest available.
    2 minutes before the time of this meeting I received an update on this calendar invite being moved for a non-agreed day without further explanation. I cancelled as this is not the kind of behaviour I want to see in my future work place.
    Unexpectedly, they reached out back like if nothing has happened and I was just ignoring them. Stunning.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GetYourGuide (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2020.

Interview

I received an email for an HR screening, which was done remotely over video chat. That process was followed by a take-home test presentation, which needed to be completed in five days. That would have been followed by another interview where you present the presentation you created. Not sure what steps are next.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GetYourGuide (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2020.

Interview

Online codility test followed by technical interview.

I applied for a Senior Full Stack Developer role, however interview turned out to be for a pure Front-end oriented role with no questions related to backend.

All the questions were focused only on CSS/HTML and it was overall a negative experience with the level of questions. The very next day, I pinged their recruiter and withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you use Flexbox ?
      What standard do you follow in SCSS ?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Interview

Interview consisted of several rounds: HR phone call, remote SQL test, technical video interview, culture interview, and final round office visit. GetYourGuide runs a very high-touch recruitment process and prepares you for each round beforehand with a phone call, which I really appreciate. Overall, it was a very positive experience and I enjoyed meeting everyone at the company..

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of great feedback you received.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GetYourGuide (Berlin (Germany)) in December 2019.

Interview

From the first contact with the recruiters through several phone and on-site interviews, I got a great impression from every single person I spoke with. They really did a great job of expediting the interview process, knowing I was in process with several other companies and needed a quick decision. I was really excited to accept their offer!

Interview Questions

• I had 2 technical interviews and 2 cultural fit interviews (even for technical positions they place a very high value on cultural fit). One question they asked:
      What is an example of some constructive feedback you received and did you make any changes based on this feedback?   Answer Question

Social Media Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GetYourGuide (Berlin (Germany)) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received a first invitation through email. I had to do answer a 30 minute video with written and spoken questions. Then, I passed, and was invited to a personal interview where I had to do a presentation that lasted 10 minutes. The title was; why is it important for a company like GYG to provide customer service over social media.
    I did my presentation at the beginning. Afterwards, they asked you things about the presentation itself and about your experience. Weaknesses, ideal team, how do you take feedback, what can be the challenges or the most difficult things to approach in this position. Salary was 27.000 yearly. It last, one hour, a bit exhausting but the interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable. Sadly, I didn´t get the job.

Interview Questions

• I am a very picky client and left a bad comment on social media. How would you answer to that?   Answer Question

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GetYourGuide (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

The interview process consisted in one phone interview by a recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager for 1 hour. The second stage was a F2F in Berlin office that lasted around 1 hour 30 minutes with a writing and communicating skill test, technical interview and hiring manager one. Finally, one executive interview for 30 minutes and reference check.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.