Whirlpool Corporation Interview Question: Given your groups priority on... | Glassdoor.co.in

Interview Question

Software Engineer Interview Saint Joseph, MI (US)

Given your groups priority on productA, and the more

important launch of productB, how would you manage your workload if you were assigned to both projects
Answer

Interview Answer

2 Answers

- this can vary, i used my default answer...which is the number 5 j/k...

Interview Candidate on 22-Jan-2010

"This is always a challenge... limited resources to complete what seems like an unlimited supply of projects, but the more important and often overlooked challenge is realistically evaluating the resources needed to complete each project.

I would communicate with the necessary parties to gather the best estimate of total man hours needed to complete each project and translate this into dates based on the manpower I had available. I would then sit down with those responsible for approving the completion dates for the projects and present these realistic timelines. Ideally, we would come to an agreement on which projects would be completed in which order and on what dates.

I would then focus my resources on the projects as needed to meet the agreed timeline adjusting as situations required and keeping all key players informed and engaged."

Former Whirlpool Engineering Employee on 16-Nov-2012

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.