Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Remote, OR (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Phone screening, interview with hiring manager pretty pleasant conversation and procedure. The only down side is the generic email they send to let you know you weren’t considered for the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Had two phone interview rounds followed by an onsite.

The first phone interview was with the director of engineering. She was incredibly friendly and asked me some basic questions and one algorithm question.

Second phone interview was with a lead engineer. It was much like the first interview except his questions had a lot more to do with multithreading and the sort. I didn't know much about it, but I was able to reason through the correct answers.

My onsite was with 5 different interviewers. All the interviewers were very friendly and gave me a good idea about the personalities and the work culture at Glassdoor.

Onsite interview questions were all varied, only one of them was something you could know from reading books like Cracking the Coding Interview, the rest were about my personality/drive to be in CS and problems where I had to design a solution.

The interview was incredibly enjoyable for me not only because of the people, but because of the questions. For each stage, I felt like I was having a conversation and not being quizzed.

Interview Questions

• I am unable to disclose the actual question, but it was the last question during my interview and it was simply a problem statement that had a lot of different components to it. In order to successfully solve it, it was necessary to pull from a lot of different areas of CS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were very honest and upfront. The offer was incredibly reasonable and I was able to negotiate it a little bit.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Mateo, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Three rounds phone interview and then letter of rejection delivered by email. In the first round, I clearly stated I did not want a QA engineer position. This was not apparent in the next two rounds. At the end of the interview, I was informed the interview went poorly because of telecommunication difficulties.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between String Builder and String Buffer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was pretty quick at Glassdoor. it took about one week for a phone screen after I submitted my resume, The questions were pretty standard for the phone screen, data structure, a short piece of code, and some JAVA specific questions. After the phone screen, it took about another week for my onsite interview. The format of the onsite interview was similar to most software company where you are interviewed by 5 people lasting 45 min to 1 hr each. Almost all the questions were coding related and about half of them were related to the position I was applying for. I was able to stay quite relax during interviews since I only had to do a little bit of white board and actually get to use a computer for several questions. Compare to the Amazon interview I went on where I was on the white board the whole time, this was a much better experience. I received an offer less than a week after my onsite.

Interview Questions

• White board a functions that finds fibonacci(n) recursively in O(n) and another one iteratively in O(n)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Two calls: first with a recruiter for screening and the second with the lead web developer to discuss the needs of Glassdoor and to answer a short quiz on web vocab essentially. Then after asking to come visit the office twice over a week period, got a rejection letter with no explanation a week later.

Interview Questions

• Q: What does 'use strict' mean in javascript?
      Q: How do you write chainable functions?
      etc...   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter wrote me saying they liked my resume and the Engineering Manager would call to interview me on the phone. When I spoke with the engineering manager, I felt like he had already made up his mind before talking to me on the phone. He was abrupt and seemed like he didn't have time for the interview. When I asked him what he would most value from the person he was hiring, he responded he wanted someone who "would work like a machine". Ok....

Interview Questions

• He asked me standard questions about how continuous integration worked and so forth   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews focusing on my technical knowledge/level and they asked my career interests at the beginning.

Then I was invited for an onsite visit consists of product/behavior/system/experience interviews and lunch interview. I also talked to my manager at the very end. The recruiter kept me in touch and an offer was made to me with the compensation breakdown and philosophy. I had chance to ask a lot of the questions about the company/team before I accepted the offer.

I find the process pleasant and professional.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewers were rude, didn't care about passion or hardwork, only technical abilities. Only 1 round was coding (which basically meant you should memorize simple algorithm skills online). Was not told about the skills needed to succeed in the position. I interviewed for UI/UX team that wanted to build a visualization tool for Company Locations on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Phone Round 1:
      1. Find the max product of 3 integers in an array.
      2. Given a list of integer representing stock prices everyday, you can make 1 transaction (1 buy and 1 sell), how to make this transaction as profitable as possible? What is the max profit you can make?

Skype Round 2 + 3 + 4:
      Spoke to a Engineering Lead, Senior Engineer, and Director of Engineering. There were no coding questions, every interview was a design interview. Lots of SQL Questions which I was not prepared for. There were no details about the position and no HR informed me that this round was going to be all about databases. I applied for an intern position, naturally, I lacked some design experience, so it was a bit unfair for me to be asked to design a database for locations and coordinates for businesses and / or how to represent documents in a directory and words in a document in separate SQL tables. I was asked about JOIN queries specifically, and when I wrote 2 SELECT queries instead, the director rejected me. (I didn't have any database on my resume).

Only interview that was reasonable was when I was asked to design a parking lot. This is an OOP question that could be expected from a college student.

Overall, very unorganized. Nothing could prepare me for the interviews. There were no hints of what I was supposed to be tested on. Expectations were unreasonable.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I had 1 phone screen and 2 technical interviews. Everything was pretty standard and the people were very easy to talk to & polite. Technical interviewers were great about clarifications and providing hints.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor in June 2018.

Interview

I applied for software engineering role through employee referral. Recruiter contacted me for a brief phone screening. Followed by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager. It was very good, I was able to solve everything and the manager seems impressed.

I followed up with the recruiter several times for 2 weeks. I was told that the manager's feedback was great and in conversation with higher-ups for the next steps and that they want to move forward with me.

Then one day I was told that they are in process of arranging an on-site and the very same day I got an automated email through Jobvite, saying "I am no longer considered for that position".

There was no response from the recruiter after that. It's not as expected. Bad experience.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

29 Aug 2018 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience as a candidate. Hearing conflicting feedback from our team regarding next steps is certainly not an experience we want our candidates to have. I intend to... More