GlaxoSmithKline Associate Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

GlaxoSmithKline Associate Brand Manager Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Warren, NJ (US)).

Interview

Applied online. HR phone screen a week after that. Hiring manager phone screen a week after HR. Flew out onsite a few weeks after that; a few of us where flown in to speak with 4 people 1:1 in behavioral style with one case. After the onsite is when things get sketchy. As of this posting, it has been over two months since the interview and no update on the job; in fact, one of the folks who interviewed with me has pursued another opportunity because the company has just been sitting on its hands. Also, no one is getting back to me on interview travel reimbursement, which is even more annoying considering I wasn't supposed to cover the charge that I did -- the admin was too lazy to put in the corporate card before the deadline for the booking. I once really admired this company, but this experience has left me extremely frustrated with a bad taste in my mouth. Two thumbs, way down on this one.

Interview Questions

• A competitor has come out with a new launch -- tell me what you would do 3 months before launch. How about 3 months after?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2013.

Interview

First I had an in person interview at a career fair which went well and then I had a phone interview with two brand managers which went okay. I have never heard back from the company after the phone interview despite following up several times.

Interview Questions

• Perform a SWOT analysis on your favorite company
      What company do you think has the best marketing campaign
      What are the most important questions an ABM should ask on their first day   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Parsippany, NJ (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The process took a long time, about 4 months total. HR called me to assess my candidacy late July. He really just wanted to hear about my background and why I thought I'd be a good fit. He was happy with what I shared and decided to pass my profile to the hiring team. It took about 6 weeks before I heard back. He said I could expect an email with an interview invite, which came a week later. I was scheduled for 3 45-minute back-to-back interviews with 3 Brand Managers. Following my last interview, I met an ABM who asked me if I had any questions about what I'd be doing daily. The guy was really nice and shared his experience with me. At the end, he said "If you get the offer, you really should consider taking it. This is a great company." He was very genuine and helped me end the day on a very positive note. Overall, my interviews were case base and behavioral. While it felt a bit difficult, the interviewers' great personalities helped balance things out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a good brand (Hint: use a CPG brand)
      Tell me of a brand with a good digital strategy
      Tell me of a time when you had to leverage data to support a recommendation
      Tell me of a time when you presented data to senior leadership
      Tell me of a time when you faced conflict in a team. How did you resolve it?
      What's your brand?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Parsippany, NJ (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial screening followed by two face-to-face then one virtual video conference interview with increasing levels of management.

The interview process started with an in-person screening at an MBA conference. Review of background / resume for an exchange of what the position in detailed was part of the screening. Past the screening came the first in person interview. The interviewer was a global category brand manager who asked situational questions, e.g. with a recently launched product, how do you propose to grow the business with other competitors in the market?

Second interview was another in person interview at one of the corporate offices. This allowed me to see the office environment, interact with future co-workers and get a better sense of work life. Interview was with a director who asked behavioral questions.

Last interview was with the hiring manager and / or manager of same level. This was a virtual interview for me. It was a combination of both behavioral and situational questions. Best advice is to has STAR / SOAR response prepared that showcase your critical thinking and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions; situational questions; questions regarding past experience; questions about company and product knowledge; why do you make the best candidate?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.