GlaxoSmithKline Future Leaders Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 7 Jan 2019

3.4

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone interview was generally positive. The recruiter asked some logistic questions then moved on to four behavioral STAR questions - asked a lot of follow up to get more detail on each one. Interview lasted about an hour, which personally was one of my longer interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

I applied online first - they had some Future Leaders specific questions in addition to requiring your CV/Resume and Cover Letter. Afterwards, I got an email to complete an aptitude test which they said would take about an hour but ended up being like 2-2.5 hours. I got phone screened a month later, and invited to the assessment center, which was a great experience but very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to motivate others to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

I applied online and it took about 2 months to hear back about a phone interview. Once I passed the phone interview I was invited to the onsite Assessment Center for further activities and exercises to test my suitability for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this company/program?   2 Answers

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was slow. I applied in October and had a first round phone interview in February. Second round phone interview 2 weeks later. Then onsite group interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, was selected to complete an online (1-2 hour) assessment working through potential problems. I was notified that I passed the assessment and was invited for a phone personality screening.

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone.
     Most of the questions asked were typical behavioral questions that were easily answerable using the STAR method.
    However, I was asked a few direct research questions.

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online, and got an email within 24 hr with a link s to submit an online the world of GSK assessment in 7 days.
    Full videos about actual GSK world and how you would answer to the specific conditions what is given in the video.
    The entire process supposed to take 45 min- 1 hr based on their info, and it is not timed, however, it took more than 2 hours to be able to complete all of them since it is a bit more complicated than you would think. and you wanna answer the right thing- the way you would answer. The questions are not easy since it is mostly ethical stuff- you know, your point of view and the company's point of view is different.

After completing the assessment, i got email immediately saying "we don’t feel you’re right for this role right now".

Interview Questions

• What would your approach be in this specific case (i.e. a case about a drug, and its commercialization, and you watch internal discussions about the case)   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career site and was contacted by HR about a month later. Had a phone screening that lasted about an hour and was behavioral-based - the HR representative was extremely nice and informative. A few weeks later, the team requested writing samples and had the candidates complete a small project. The finalists were then flown to the assessment center. The process was demanding and (at times) grueling, but the assessors are extremely helpful and kind and the day flies by. They're also sympathetic to the fact that the assessment center is demanding and were so encouraging throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you introduced a new way of doing things to an organization and how it worked or failed?   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I found this position on the GSK website and I filled out an initial online application consisting of 4 short answer style questions (in April), along with a cover letter, resume, and the usual background questions. About a month later I was contacted by a recruiter and we scheduled a ~1 hour phone interview which consisted of 5 or 6 questions I was asked to answer in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). At the end of the interview, I was told to expect to hear back either way in 2-3 weeks. Three days later, I received an email asking about a good time to talk. After scheduling that, we had a 15 min phone conversation inviting me to the next/final round of interviews at the Assessment Center in Philadelphia.

The Assessment Center was a 1.5 day group interview process which was probably one of the most difficult, yet engaging interviews I've ever participated in. We were given a packet of information Thursday afternoon (after a program overview presentation) and told to read the packet for the exercises the next day. Following the presentation, all of the candidates (10) were taken out to a group dinner with a few current GSK employees and a current Future Leaders Program participant. The dinner was much more informal, and was a great information gathering and networking opportunity both with the GSK-affiliated folks and the other candidates. After dinner we went back to the hotel and we all went our separate ways to read the packets we had been given. As we were told, these packets were essential for the exercises the next day.

Friday consisted of several group and 1-on-1 exercises, including: a group discussion exercise, product presentation, traditional 1-on-1 interview, a 1-on-1 roleplay exercise, and a crisis management exercise. A very full day! During each of the exercises "Assessor's" were in the background and evaluating our discussions/presentations. The Assessor's did not interact with us during the group exercises. Immediately following the 1-on-1 exercises, prior to returning to the break room, there was the opportunity to speak with different Assessor's about their experience at GSK, the program in general, etc. I'd highly recommend to take advantage of those opportunities. The facilitators did a very nice of job of interspersing breaks, and there is specific time to prepare for each exercise built into the schedule. While it was a very busy, tiring day I didn't feel overwhelmed since we had time before and after each exercise to relax and chat with the other candidates. All-in-all it was a very difficult, but oddly enjoyable experience! Definitely one of the hardest interview processes I've been a part of.

They told us to expect to get a response within 2-3 weeks. At the end of the interview, we were each individually pulled aside and asked if we had any other offers, what those deadlines were, double-checking resumes for accuracy, availability, and expected salary range.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with or manage someone you didn't get along with.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had to introduce a new way of doing things   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an invitation to the assessment center. Mostly Behavioral questions in the phone interview, the assessment center was almost entirely case-based. The hiring board was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to transition from one role into another.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.