GlaxoSmithKline Industrial Placement Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Industrial Placement Student

GlaxoSmithKline Industrial Placement Student Interview Questions

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Stevenage, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

The usual, upload CV, then do some simple online tests. Interview process was straight forwards, very friendly and not trying to trip you up. Technical questions were kept to a minima. Students touring were also secretly part of the interview process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

The assessment centre was very well organised and much faster than other companies ones attended. The interview itself lasted for just under an hour and included a mix of competency and less formal based questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time when you demonstrated emotional intelligence?   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2016.

Interview

The process started with a very long online form to fill in, with multiple questions requiring ~500 word answers followed by some competency tests (IQ style, what you would do in certain scenarios etc.). This stage by itself took a number of hours to complete, probably a whole afternoon.

Then I was invited for a phone interview (I heard some people had video interviews) where they asked me more generic questions like "why do you want this role", "what have you done that is relevant to the role" etc. This probably took 30 mins.

The last stage was a face-to-face interview where they asked me questions that were more specialised/technical and tricky, though they weren't trying to trip me up. It was more as if they were trying to see where my current knowledge level was at. Again, this was probably about 30 mins.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in May 2018.

Interview

CV was first sent in and following that, the team leader was soon in contact to offer a Skype interview. The interview itself was with two members of the team

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Stevenage, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial online application included questions about my values and why I wanted to work at GSK. This was followed by numerical and logic tests. Everyone that I know applied to the company successfully passed these.

I was then invited to an interview in Stevenage, conducted by three people in the department. They initially asked me what I knew about the role and whether I had any questions about it, then followed up with a series of competency questions. The questions didn't specifically address my scientific knowledge, though I did try to provide examples from previous scientific experience when asked about troubleshooting, successes, etc.

Interview Questions

• Typical competency questions:
      Tell me about a time you had difficulty working with someone/ about a time you were successful - how could you further improve what you did? /questions about teamwork, etc.   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2015.

Interview

Start off with an online application, followed by a situational judgement test, then a abilities test, then a video interview, then an assessment centre, then an offer. The process takes around 3-5 months to compelete

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions, (to do with a bolier system and what you would check if it was not working   1 Answer

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Stevenage, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview started with few basic questions about why the company etc but then became very technical heavy. The experience on the whole was okay because the people were lovely. Just need to revise
    more of the topics and really show off the chemistry that I knew but under pressure you forget things. Didn't get the placement.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

completed an online application form and then had to complete 3 psychometric tests. Then got invited to a video interview, where I recorded my answers and they were timed.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Paris (France)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Filled out cover letter, cv, motivation and STAR questions. Proceed to a personality test online and then meet for an interview in Paris. The interview was composed with questions on my motivation and then chemistry questions such as describing a reaction, imagining what could happend to a compound.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.