GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

1,236 Interview Reviews

3.1

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Newark, NJ (US)).

Interview

I first did an online application. Then they sent me 2 unmonitored recorded video interviews and then I went to an in person interview at GSK HQ in New Jersey. None of the questions we're too hard or technical

Interview Questions

• What kinds of things would you recommend be said and don't be said to people underneath you?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Waltham, MA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I went to the career fair at my college and contacted with the HR representative. We have gone through a phone screening session. The HR was pretty nice and has asked a lot of questions over the phone.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Interview

Did it through a recruiter. The process took about a week. They were trying to be friendly but it seemed like they already had someone in mind as the interview lasted for only 15 minutes.

Process Machinery and Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Hill, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Oak Hill, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview process basically included me coming on to the GSK site and meeting a panel of two people - one of the utilities engineers and the process machinery and safety manager of the site. No phone screen - just an on-site interview.

Interview was very well conducted - the interviewers had a highly professional but fun attitude. Interview was regularly punctuated with anecdotes about my experience, which allowed us to go from question to question very smoothly.

Site tour was very informative and learned a lot. Couldn't have asked for a better interview process.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when you had to evaluate business impact in deciding or recommending a project to go through?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

I applied in either January or February and then interviewed in February. I was called by the recruiter to do a Skype call with the hiring manager. In March, I received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

I was reached out by a contractor and went through an on-site interview in one of the locations in PA. Similar as to what you may have read from others, it first was a group interview (activity-like) and if they see you are fit, you'll continue on to the next part which is like a speed-dating but more of an interview.

There are some who said it was hard, though in my perspective, it was more because of nerves and it was fast so I didn't think it was that hard to begin with. My advice to you is that be confident, passionate, respectful and kind to the interviewers and those who are going through the same process as you and ask lots of questions! They definitely notice the little to big things :)

Interview Questions

• Towards the end, the interviewers begin to ask behavioral like questions like "What is tolerance to you?" and may quickly jump to questions like "Describe this event and what you did"   Answer Question

Interview

I got the interview through a recruiter and a college career fair. The actual interview started off as a team exercise. That was then followed by one-on-one interviews. I had about 3 interviewers.

Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2019.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. He asked nonstop questions for an hour about my experience and spent a while describing the role. Pretty boring interview overall. Most of the questions were about conflict resolution.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time there was conflict on your team and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Digital Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Durham, NC (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online sometime in July-August 2019 & after 3 months in November, I received an email urgent phone interview request with the hiring manager. Bit confusing, no recruiter screening, but an opportunity to impress the hiring manager directly. The manager was kind to introduce herself to me, about her job title, about her job location, and working for GSK for little more than a year. But no talk about the project or job description – unusual opening from a management level person.
    By the end of the interview, I realized this is not real; it's just to check the box; the manager must have already shortlisted and doing a few additional interviews to update the HR/workday system to show they have interviewed # of applicants to satisfy the internal process.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral interview questions, no questions about my project(s) or experience, and No product management related question.
      1. She kept saying I work for GSK, so after 3-4 times, I have to clarify that I am not an internal candidate, I applied thru the job portal. The response was, oops, sorry so much paperwork! GSK is still using a paper-based applicant tracking system (ATS)? unprepared for the interview, not expected from a world-class organization
      2. I applied for the digital product manager position, but the questions were asked nothing to do with the role or the job description.
      a. Do you like JIRA or Azure De-Ops: I am a product manager, not a purchase manager. I like both
      b. What TAG management solution I am using: Not a very reasonable question because I don’t want to share what my current employer is using. Ask me how I leverage TAG Mgt to prioritize my backlog, how important is user behavior, what are the challenges (if any), why Product managers like to use TAG.
      c. Did you implemented enterprise power BI dashboard in Azure cloud: I am a product manager, not a Dev-ops, but the answer was yes. Ask me, how to validate key data points to monitor, what did you do to collect user feedback, ask me about data modeling.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Formal with typical pharma questions. STAR format. Asked to detail from my brag book. Interviewed with a recruiter, followed with a phone interview with the manager, F2F with manager and then another with a panel of peers. Was offered position the same day.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.