GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

1,141 Interview Reviews

3.1

Supply Chain Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Standard scenario tests and a second stage with job-simulation interview. Very long process. Do not bother applying months in advance as they wait until the deadline before considering all applications to make it fair.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What can you bring to the table? What would you do in x situation? (Standard Framework)   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and easy-going. I was interviewed by two different people at the same time. I was then given something to read and to act out a role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Can you describe a situation in your previous employment where there was a disagreement and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question

MSL Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Went through HR interview over the phone. 30mins of standard HR questions. The person didn't represent the company well in my opinion...she couldn't say much about the company culture, which I felt was odd.

Interview Questions

• What are your top 3 strengths and 1 thing you can improve on   Answer Question

Senior Territory Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Kolkata) in September 2017.

Interview

Written Test In OMR sheet was submitted & I got shortlisted. After that one face to face round with BSM & then with the HR. It was a day long process where the BSM round was about specifics about my knowledge for the Job & my HR was more keen in knowing whether I was flexible enough to handle complex situations & challenges.

Interview Questions

• Where do you look yourself in 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Real World Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

Had a lovely phone interview with a HR manager. Very friendly and relaxing. Was told they don't sponsor visa at the end of the call, but was also offered to refer to another position that does have visa sponsorship.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very friendly and fast interview process, very efficient. Encouraged you to answer more in the interviews if you hadn’t answered their questions in the correct manner, had a series of varied micro exercises which have good opportunity to do well.

Interview Questions

• Skills vs experience based, gives opportunity e.g for apprentices to apply with a fair chance   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had a Phone Interview (45 min). Then I was arranged to take the 1st Interview f2f. After going to the next round I was sent a case study and personality test. After that a 2nd Interview f2f was arranged where I presented the Case Study and had a conversation on my personality test.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses
      Past experience
      The STAR method / behavioral-based interview   1 Answer

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview. The interview day is about six hours long, but not intimidating and includes lunch and a site tour. They allow time to get to know the site and employees.

Interview Questions

Interview

1st of all gave the online test and then the World Simulation. The questions were situation based and pretty straightforward. Waited for around 3 months and got the assessment centre call.

Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I have worked in the academia my whole life, this was my first application for a non-academic post.
    I was first interviewed over the phone. I was asked to introduce myself, briefly present my recent research relevant for the post (I sent them PPT slides in advance). Standard questions followed (see below), plus the obviously non-trivial question: why now, after so many years in academia? I told the truth: fed up with the academic environment and everybody pretending they are doing something useful whereas in fact it is mostly rubbish (scientifically and from industry-like perspective). I then had a very interesting discussion with the head of the modelling group.

After a few days I was asked to attend an on-site interview in one of the large GSK campuses. It was a very interesting experience, even though it lasted from 9am to 5pm or so, and I met a lot of different people from the team, and beyond. Apart from one small break, I was talking all the time and was quite exhausted by the end!

I did not get the job but I think it was a long shot anyway because my experience was slightly tangential to the post. I have nevertheless learned a lot from this interview that helped me to better understand differences and similarities between research positions in industry and academia.

Interview Questions

• Why GSK?
      Why now?
      What is your idea of working in a pharmaceutical company?
      Some technical questions regarding my background (experience with QSP, PK/PD modelling etc)
      Has your work ever have any impact beyond academia (novel therapies etc)?   Answer Question