GlaxoSmithKline Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 26 Apr 2019

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Research Triangle Park, NC (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The orgranization contacted me for an interview with a 2-day notice. Within 24 hours of the interview, the coordinator sent me a 2-page summary of what to prepare for for this interview. I requested a specific map of the campus, but was not provided with one, leading me to drive from building to building to figure out where the meeting was held. The interview lasted a little more than an hour with 4 individuals. One of these individuals made it clear "obviously" was the exact wording, there were other candidates they were considering, with the emphasis on obviously. I followed up with an email post-interview and then attempted to log back into the company website for updates to the position, but that didn't work. So I followed up via email with my only contact, but she kept referring me to others who never responded, even after several attempts. Not impressed - an organization this size should at the very least give you an opportunity to know what happened, especially if a candidate takes the time to participate in an in-person interview. There are some loose ends within the human resources end of the business here.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a challenge and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Phone screen by team member (not HR) followed by virtual interview with director and team managers including a 15 minute presentation. In-house interview was almost a full day of one-on-ones with team members and directors. Post-interview status has been difficult with no official outcome after six weeks.

Interview Questions

• All the STAR format questions you could possibly think of.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone and in person. Focus was on chemistry with the manager and less on how the manager was viewed within the company. Would be good to speak to others who know the manager before deciding to join.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nonsalary items were nonnegotiable.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Morrisville, NC (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

A series of warm chats -- I came in and had a series of warm chats with three persons. Given that this would be a role in a matrix organization, each person was a direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to internal, corporate communications?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ware, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Ware, England (UK)).

Interview

Assessment Centre - competency based questions, plant tour, 2 group exercises. It was definitely not a well prepared event. My expectations were high. The interviewers didn't know which position I applied for. Last part of the plant tour happened after interview process was over. Interviewing manager promised to do get back to us within 5 working days but it took them more than 3 weeks. I asked for the feedback. Still have not received one.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions like challenges I am going to face in the job, managing conflicts, etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Brentford, England (UK)).

Interview

online application (CV and supporting cover letter), phone interview with HR , skype interview with manager, face to face with four directors. Lots of time in-between each stage - 4 months from start to finish - but great communication and clear instructions.

Interview Questions

• how do you ensure that stakeholders are engaged and bought in to a project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New Delhi) in August 2017.

Interview

fast and transparent hiring process.. interviewee's time was valued and constant feedback was given..Logistics were arranged properly.. on-boarding was smooth.. managers were friendly and caring .. overall extremely positive experience

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Very bureaucratic, drawn out process that went on for months. Didn't have the courtesy to return emails to update on status of the application, especially considering how much time I had to dedicate to all the steps.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2011.

Interview

Very smooth interview process. They are very supporive and arranged everything before interview.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews both phone and in person

Interview Questions

• How would you fix my problem of... Limited information provided and full expectation of how to solve the issue   1 Answer

Better offer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.