GlaxoSmithKline Senior Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

GlaxoSmithKline Senior Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

3.4

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

HR interview that was over the phone and was typical questions to make sure you are not a serial killer. This 30 word limit is stupid let me see everything already.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions such as why did you choose GSK and what are your strengths.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2018.

Interview

very friendly, required me to prepare a presentation related to the job. i got 3 days for preparation. the interview process was very fair, it included friendly and unformal chats regarding my previous experience and background as well as formal and HR oriented questions

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation were you showed persistence and capability to work under pressure   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Overall, this was one of the most stressful interviews I've been on. Interviewers didn't like that my presentation focused on literature related to my current research and not my current research. Sorry, but I will not violate my CDA. Lunch was also a 3:1 interview. Please, give me a chance to eat and relax.

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2013.

Interview

Apparently there is something going on within GSK. The interview process is very disorganized and disrespectful. It took almost 2 months to set up the initial phone screen involving 3 different HR people and 3 scientists. After finally nailed down a time and date, I was noticed one week ahead the interview will be cancelled due to time conflict and another HR or someone else will come up with a new schedule. I was OK with that. BUT, two days prior to the original scheduled date, I received a call and asked me if I have 45 minutes for interview. I was totally unprepared and shocked! The interview went horrible, of course, not only because of the unprepared part but also there was absolutely no conversion between me and the interviewer. It was obvious the interviewer did not read my resume and knew the area I was and was not interested in. She asked very broad and detailed technique question, which I put it away for a long time.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation when...   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Research Triangle Park, NC (US)).

Interview

I was originally a contract hire, so communications were conducted via a staffing firm. At the time I lived out of state, so my initial interview was over the phone. I was then asked to come for an in-person interview, during which I interviewed with my supervisors and the head of the department. I was offered the job for an 18-month contract, at the end of which I was fortunate to be offered a permanent position at the company.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Stevenage, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had five different interviews to assess my technical and behavior competency to match the role I am applying for. The interview was not very challenging but yet knowledge of the background helped to ease the process particularly around the technical questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in pharmaceutical company   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Interview started with my presentation and continued with questions testing my basic knowledge on cell line development and my research expertise

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Stevenage, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

first phone screening followed by half day Technical interview based on previous job experience and HR interview first phone screening followed by half day Technical interview based on previous job experience and HR interview first phone screening followed by half day Technical interview based on previous job experience and HR interview

Senior Scientist - Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Stevenage, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through agency and then interviewed on-site

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Cambridge, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

1 interview of 3 rounds
    1st round - presentation for 10 minutes and then questions on my presentation for 30 minutes.
    2nd round - technical interview for an hour. Most questions are the nature of the job.
    3rd round - HR interview for an hour.

Interview Questions

• First two rounds were very job specific and were very technical, scientific questions.
      HR interview was a little more difficult as I had to explain scenarios (stories) for lots of different questions and sometimes I couldn't think of a different story to the one I had already given.
      Questions like - Why GSK? Scenario where you showed leadership/teamwork? Scenario where you worked through a conflict? etc etc   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.